Thread: M62 Harrop HTV-2300 supercharger kit from 507 Garage

My Cars
    2012 X5d

M62 Harrop HTV-2300 supercharger kit from 507 Garage

FOR SALE: $7,000.00 obo + shipping/fees
    M62 ELATE MFG Harrop HTV-2300 supercharger kit from 507 Garage

This is a post I honestly never thought I’d make, and I have struggled with writing it for months now. I purchased a 98 540/6 with intensions of boosting the car one day. Covid hit, 2 kids came along, and I had to sell the car. A good friend bought it and continued the project. Months after buying it from me, he ordered super sprint headers, TTV twin disc clutch, and an Elate/Harrop HTV-2300 supercharger kit.

My friend, Marine Veteran, Jed (PseudoCode on this forum) lost his battle with PTSD in April of this year. He left behind a wife and 3 boys who have been picking up the pieces of their lives. They decided to keep the car, but do not have the funds to start, let alone finish, the supercharger installation. His widow has asked me to sell the new, never installed supercharger kit to help cover expenses.

FOR SALE is a new never installed Elate Mfg/Harrop HTV-2300 supercharger kit purchased from Leo at 507 Garage. The kit was designed to have 7 psi with a stock crank pulley, but be upgradeable with pulley (NOT included) change up to 16psi. The intake, charger, fuel rails, and throttle body were opened up and lightly assembled on a desk for a visual look. The charge air cooler inside the intake was upgraded to a larger core which is 30mm thicker (60mm thick overall). This increased the overall stacking height of the system. Hood clearance is unknown, we suspected it would fit under the hood without modification, but we were prepared to trim whatever was needed. I don’t see any reason it wouldn’t fit under the hood of an E53 X5, though there may be some modification to the micro filter housing on that chassis. Intake/fuel rails are meant for stock size injectors. Included in the kit is a set of lightly used Dodge Demon injectors (I believe they are 720cc injectors, Demons are 707hp). These injectors have a similar resistance value to stock, but are a little shorter and would require a shorter spacer than what’s supplied in the kit. Tuning is NOT included, and we had not figured out which route we were going to go with that. We were in talks with the owner of Technica Motorsports out of the Atlanta, GA area about the possibility of tuning on the stock DME, but nothing was finalized with him.
    NOTE: The last 3 pictures of the supercharger on a test engine were for fitment purposes from the manufacture prior to the black coating being done.

I’m sure there is stuff I’ve forgotten, if you have any questions, I’ll answer to the best of my ability. If I don’t know, I can reach out to Leo at 507 Garage and see if he knows.

Not in a huge rush to sell, so lowball offers will be ignored. No trades. Would prefer local pickup near the Lafayette Louisiana area due to the weight of everything, but it can be shipped at buyers expense WITH shipping insurance for full replacement value.

If you’ve read this far and feel compelled to help this military family out, I can offer their go fund me link that they had for funeral expenses and the kids. But not sure I should post that here or not.
    [IMG] [/IMG]

Last edited by dw280; 12-09-2023 at 11:03 PM. Reason: added "obo", price reduced $500 down to $7,000

My Cars
    2012 X5d
    Bump for price drop. New price $7,000 obo + shipping/fees
    (original post edited from $7,500)
    Last edited by dw280; 12-09-2023 at 11:01 PM.

My Cars
    '99 2.8&Mcoupe, '03 Mini
    Twinscrews typically bring the torque in at very low rpm, so offer the performance in normal driving range rather than having to wring it out to get the power. I’m not familiar with this brand/package, but this should really wake up a 540.
    -Donny

My Cars
    2012 X5d
    Quote Originally Posted by KeysCoupe View Post
    Twinscrews typically bring the torque in at very low rpm, so offer the performance in normal driving range rather than having to wring it out to get the power. I’m not familiar with this brand/package, but this should really wake up a 540.
    -Donny
    Donny,

Harrop has been around for quite a while. They have done factory programs for Toyota, Ford, Lotus, and I believe Holden maybe (overseas GM products). https://www.harrop-usa.com/about-us

This kit is a pairing of Elate MFG. which makes lower plenums and Harrop which was assembled by 507 Garage out of Minnesota.

The 540i it was meant for would have been a blast to drive had it been installed as the goal was to have great mid range power with a respectable overall power increase. Hopefully whoever buys this will post pictures and videos so I can live vicariously through them.

My Cars
    1999 BMW M3 Coupe
    hey is this still available? if yes... does this kit require anything additional?

My Cars
    2012 X5d
    Quote Originally Posted by bmwgruzin View Post
    hey is this still available? if yes... does this kit require anything additional?
    Yes, still available.

As far as I know, additional items needed would be...
    -A tune will be required, we had not fully figured out which way we were going to go with that yet. We were talking to the owner of Technica Motorsports in the Atlanta area who thought he could write a tune in the stock DME, but nothing was ever finalized.
    -Piping from throttle body to whatever filter setup you have would be needed. The car it was going on had the AFE kit with the cone filter behind the passenger headlight in the engine bay. We were just going to fab up a connecting pipe to it.
    -I need to go back and look through one last box, but I believe I found a new M5 fuel pump that was going to be installed as well. I'll look later today and confirm this.
    -As stated in the original post, due to the increased charge air cooler thickness, we were unsure if it would fit under the stock hood of the E39. In south Louisiana, the higher cooling capacity was more important and we were prepared to modify the hood, only if required.
    -I did not open all of the sealed bags, but looking at pictures, mounting brackets for the front mounted air to water cooler may have to be fabricated to secure it.

There may be other items, but without having performed the install, I cannot say what they might be. This kit was designed for the M62 engine specifically, with customization needed based on whatever chassis it was installed in.

My Cars
    1999 BMW M3 Coupe
    Thanks for all the info. im trying to see if i can get the funds ready soon. any idea what would shipping cost to CA?

My Cars
    2012 X5d
    Thanks for all the info. im trying to see if i can get the funds ready soon. any idea what would shipping cost to CA?
    What is your zip code?

And the last bit of misc parts included a couple idler pulleys, tensioner, belt, & aluminum plate as Jed was originally going to go the same route as Philly did with his high psi build.
    The demon injector wiring connectors (x8) were also in that tote and a fuel pump. The fuel pump is a TI Automotive 21T161 (7.22013.61) aka Walbro.

My Cars
    1999 BMW M3 Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by dw280 View Post
    What is your zip code?

And the last bit of misc parts included a couple idler pulleys, tensioner, belt, & aluminum plate as Jed was originally going to go the same route as Philly did with his high psi build.
    The demon injector wiring connectors (x8) were also in that tote and a fuel pump. The fuel pump is a TI Automotive 21T161 (7.22013.61) aka Walbro.

Awesome!! my zip code is CA 90068.

My Cars
    2012 X5d
    Awesome!! my zip code is CA 90068.
    Sorry for the delay. Was getting everything packaged and secured.

I used John Anson Ford Park as shipping address for reference. Insurance amounts are high, so if anything were to happen you should be more than covered. Shipment would be 5 boxes total and as follows:
    Box 1 - 18x11x14 - 19 lbs - throttle body, piping, misc hoses, misc hardware, etc - ($1,000 insurance)
    Box 2 - 26x14x10 - 41 lbs - supercharger - ($4,000 insurance)
    Box 3 - 18x18x7 - 36 lbs - intake plenum & chiller assembly - ($4,000 insurance)
    Box 4 - 26x11x5 7 lbs - air/water cooler - ($100 insurance)
    Box 5 - 13x10x12 - 9 lbs - demon injectors, fuel pump, other small misc parts - ($1,000 insurance)

Total came out to $451.94 for UPS ground with adult signature required

My Cars
    '02 540i/6
    I'd love to see someone get this installed on their 540 and get some Dyno Numbers. Just a rough idea, this should reasonably make 500WHP.
    Last edited by Iamthebull; 03-22-2024 at 05:44 AM.
    2002 BMW Titanium Silver 540i/6-speed Sport - ZHP Shift Knob - M5 Clutch/TTV Racing 15.6lb Flywheel - M60 Intake Manifold - N62 84mm TB - Dinan Intake Tube - 4" MAF Tube - DUDMD Tune - Magnaflow Resonator - Eibach 18mm Rear Sway Bar - Powerflex Front Sway Bar Bushings - CDV Delete - UUC SS Brake Lines - Koni Yellow Shocks/Struts - Eibach Springs - Zionsville Radiator & FDM