Thread: Misfire after OFHG change and valve cover?

My Cars
    08 335i e92, e39 touring

Misfire after OFHG change and valve cover?

Hello I had a leak in my oil filter housing gasket and the valve cover in my e90. I started the engine and noticed the engine bogging and misfiring with random cylinder misfire codes and codes from cylinder 1 2 and 3. Could it be because I re used my intake manifold gasket? Or did I not connect something back right
    Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Cars
    1997 m3
    You can check for an intake manifold gasket leak by spraying brake cleaner or starting fluid around the outside of where the gasket is. If you notice a change in idle, you then have a bad intake manifold gasket. I would double check all of the coils are fully seated and plugged in. Also check for any unplugged vacuum hoses.

My Cars
    2009 335i M-Sport Coupe
    Is this on your 335i? I suspect something is left unplugged, there are a number of vacuum lines and sensors that must be unplugged to get that intake manifold off. Check the vacuum line on the throttle body, check that the throttle body connector is all the way plugged in, check the MAP sensor connections on the manifold and charge pipe. Check the fuel pressure sensor connection. Codes should quickly tell you what is unplugged.

My Cars
    2001 525it
    Go back and check your work, closely

My Cars
    08 335i e92, e39 touring
    Thanks for replies, I went back and double checked everything I unplugged, it turned out to be that I accidentally switched the connectors to the fuel injector harnesses, they looked very close alike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk