Thread: Hello - Specific question re: Sport Suspension 2011 535 xdrive

My Cars
    Hopefully a 2011 535i x

Hello - Specific question re: Sport Suspension 2011 535 xdrive

Hello everyone - first post. I have used the search option on this, and I've been lurking around here for a couple weeks (nice forums, very informative). However, I have a little confusion about one very specific thing...

I am likely buying my first BMW in a few days, a one-owner 535i xDrive. This vehicle has the Sport package, and NOT the M Sport package. It does NOT have the Driver Assistance Package.

My question is, the owner has told me that the car has a sport suspension, as evidenced by the Sport Package. He is aware that you cannot adjust the suspension as you can with the Driver Assistance, so he's not confusing that - he just says that the vehicle has a "sport" suspension. Can someone verify that he is incorrect?

I thank you in advance for any help, and I look forward to (most likely) becoming part of your fine community. Cheers.

Pelican Parts is offline Senior Member Supporting Vendor
    My Cars
    '02 E39 Touring
    Hello - the Driver Assistance package and the suspension are not related at all. The driver assistance package are things like blind spot detection, lane correction, cameras, etc... I'm also fairly sure that the Sport package and M Sport package are the same thing.
    Last edited by Pelican Parts; 10-12-2017 at 01:10 PM.
    Your Trusted Source For DIY and Parts
    FREE SHIPPING over $99 click here
    BMW Parts | DIY Tech Articles | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | YouTube | Promos
    888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST

My Cars
    Hopefully a 2011 535i x
    Ok, thanks. I am thinking of the package that allows for the selection of the driving modes comfort through sport plus... this car does not have that package. Nevertheless, the owner believes there is a sport suspension on this vehicle and I cannot find anything that supports the notion, except one website that says the Sport package offers adjustable suspension, which I think is clearly incorrect... thanks again for your help.

My Cars
    '02 E39 Touring
    No problem, happy to help out. You can tell if the car has the M Sport Package if it has things like the shadowline trim on the outside and sport seats. I believe the rims are also different on cars with the sport package. Take a look at the link below, if you have the car's vin #; you can look up what packages it came with.

https://www.bmwvin.com/
    BMW Parts | DIY Tech Articles | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | YouTube | Promos

My Cars
    Hopefully a 2011 535i x
    It definitely has the Sport package... shadowline trim, 19" rims... but the comment about the sport suspension has thrown me...

My Cars
    Hopefully a 2011 535i x
    Thanks... I'm not sure if I'm asking this as well as I could be. Really I am just wondering if the sport package, by itself, means anything at all regarding the suspension. Thanks again for your help Pelican.

My Cars
    '02 E39 Touring
    Quote Originally Posted by dmorgan27 View Post
    Thanks... I'm not sure if I'm asking this as well as I could be. Really I am just wondering if the sport package, by itself, means anything at all regarding the suspension. Thanks again for your help Pelican.
    The suspension is stiffer with the Sports Package so you'll likely feel the difference if ever getting into a 535i base model.. I forget if it also includes bigger brakes too on the F10 platform - it seems that every year or so BMW keeps editing/splitting the package features so it gets to a point where they're hard to follow. That vin look up link above should help you out a bit too.
    Last edited by Pelican Parts; 10-12-2017 at 04:37 PM.

My Cars
    Hopefully a 2011 535i x
    I think this is the answer I was looking for! The VIN lookup was cool, thank you, but I didn't see anything there regarding this. But if you are saying the suspension is stiffer with the sport package, I believe you! I know things changed in '12, but for the '11 I just couldn't seem to nail this down on the web. Thanks again!