Thread: Got a fix it ticket, now what?

My Cars
    Hellrot

Got a fix it ticket, now what?

Well I got a fix it ticket and I do not konw what to do.

I got cited for tinted windows, now I'm confused if he was talking about my tint (all of it) or the tint on my front side windows. I did not even ask the cop, I got off for speeding and swerving into the carpool lane for the tint violation. Anyway, here's the violation code, I know tint is legal in Cali 26708(a)(1)VC

Anybody got any suggestions, where can I have the car looked at, I got the citaion in Pasadena.

Thanks

My Cars
    E36 M3
    I just took care of my tint ticket yesterday. Got the same violation code and it means you have to take off the tint on the two front windows. Tint should rip right off, but if your lazy.. i had california tint on rosemead do it for $15. Then you just go and get the ticket signed off, and pay your $10 fee.

My Cars
    Hellrot
    where do I get it signed off, at the court house?
    Can I do it before the court date at the court or on the date?
    Or do I just wave a police car down and ask them to sign it off for me?
    Thanks for the help

My Cars
    Big Money Waste
    You get it signed off at any police department and you pay at the court house.
    modena-alpine white is rite
    silverblacktitanium-lemans blue is tru

My Cars
    E36 M3
    I got it signed off at the police station and just mailed the citation in to the court. Also you can get your citation due date extended for up to 2months. I got my ticket on the way to bimmerfest back in May, but just took care of it yesterday.

My Cars
    Hellrot
    thanks guys for the helpful responses.

My Cars
    2016 M3 Manual
    thats ghey ... why the hell do they ticket people for having tinted windows.
    some laws are just retarded ... what's the harm in having a piece of film over your windws to protect you and the interior from harmful UV rays and keep your car cooler in the summer ?

freakin' idiots.

My Cars
    none
    Don't take the tint off!! Find a car that looks like yours and put your plates on it, then take pics.

My Cars
    E36 M3
    Pix dont work here in cali. They require that you get it checked at the police station.

My Cars
    '17 Pilot
    As for who can do it, I just was told for my taillight out fix it that I could just find any officer, swing by the atation or the court house. Any would work, but mine had to be done in 72 hours. I have until 1130 ish tomorrow night. Too bad I bought the wrong bulbs today....

My Cars
    E90 335i
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence1
    thats ghey ... why the hell do they ticket people for having tinted windows.
    some laws are just retarded ... what's the harm in having a piece of film over your windws to protect you and the interior from harmful UV rays and keep your car cooler in the summer ?

freakin' idiots.
    If the cops can't tell what you are doing inside the car (i.e. pointing a gun at them) then it's not very safe for them is it?

They don't care here in Arizona... but damn you guys in Cali have a car chase or some sort of shootout on the news at least once a week!

My Cars
    E36 M3
    Both my parents have received a no license plate fix-it ticket from the wonderful Palo Alto Police. The first car (my dad's) I brought in to the Menlo Park station where the lady didn't even look at the car and signed me off. The second time (my mom's car) I went back to the Menlo Park station and they said that since they didn't issue the ticket they'd charge $10. Whatever. I thought they wouldn't look at the car again, but a cop did, and was like... "Uh... you don't have a plate on there." Thought I could get away with it. They refunded my money, I put the plate back on, and took it the Palo Alto station to get signed off.

If things haven't changed, it's $60 if you don't fix it (though you can get ticketed again for the same thing) and $10 if you do fix it and get signed off by a cop.

I couldn't live without tint on the front windows (get hot really easily) so I'd pay the $60 w/o fixing it.

My Cars
    89 535i
    im a professional window tinter myself, in the state of california its illegal to do anything in the fronts and the winshield. people go ahead put a light tint on the fronts thinking they cant get pulled over, but wrong, even if its a light tint you can get hassled. Personally, i think its the kind of thing were you drive by in front of cop, see's your ass and of course he's got nothing to do and pulls you over. they're especially picky in the bay area mostly redwood city, palo alto , san carlos, daly city. but yea, stupid law,
    www.thepreferredimage.com

www.findatinter.com

http://members.cardomain.com/100dollarbill

Bay Area's WINDOW TINTING GENIUS!

My Cars
    TBD: SAAB 93/e90, Lexus IS
    Quote Originally Posted by RALPHIES
    im a professional window tinter myself, in the state of california its illegal to do anything in the fronts and the winshield. people go ahead put a light tint on the fronts thinking they cant get pulled over, but wrong, even if its a light tint you can get hassled. Personally, i think its the kind of thing were you drive by in front of cop, see's your ass and of course he's got nothing to do and pulls you over. they're especially picky in the bay area mostly redwood city, palo alto , san carlos, daly city. but yea, stupid law,

I live in so cal (OC) a while back. Ppl here with their BMWs, MBs, Lexus... most of them had front windows tinted (35% or 50%). I personally had 50% all rounded. Never heard of any of my friends pulled over of that crap.

Maybe cops in so. cal knows the heat down here and acknowledged that this is really a stupid freakin law.

My Cars
    maybe 1980 633csi landshark, not sure yet
    Know any cops? if you have a cop friend or friend who is a cop, he can write it off with out any removals, I’d hate to take down my tints, both front side and front window

Its a light tint, so a lot of times they don’t notice it, when i get pulled over i try to stop under the bridge so its less noticeable

but like some said, i never got in trouble for tints in Cal (north cal) they usually are kick back about that, sometimes they get pissed about front window and having strip bigger then 6"es but, boohoo lets return to my 1st line

Cheers

My Cars
    Hellrot
    Alright I will just remove it completely and get rid of that thing.

My Cars
    89 535i
    that's what i do, just remove it and forget about everything, i just dont bother putting tinting on the front doors.
    www.thepreferredimage.com

www.findatinter.com

http://members.cardomain.com/100dollarbill

Bay Area's WINDOW TINTING GENIUS!

My Cars
    97 M3 / 02 GSXR 1K
    A couple of different options, on the ticket did the LEO mark the citation as correctable or not? I got pulled over getting onto the freeway in the carpool lane, and the cop didn't sweat the window tint or missing front plate. Nice guy. The next time I had a sherrif going the opposite way form me, turn around and follow me for 5 miles while other cars are going 80+ when i'm doing the speed limit. He of course pulls me over, for window tint. Maybe he thought I was a drug dealer or driving a stolen car. No ticket for the front plate. The third time I was going onto the freeway and my V1 went crazy, and there was a CHP biker getting off the freeway and puled me over when I was getting on. He cited me for no front plate, and also front window tint. I have a lot of respect for LEO, but I think I caught him on a bad day. He looked up my record and saw I had one before for front tint, and said that it wasn't correctable.

The court system is really workable if you are respectable, and they will work with you when it comes to fix it tickets. From when a clerk told me, when you keep getting tickets for fix it tickets, and sign them off and do it again the fines get higher. Sometimes they are even considered moving violations. The last time I was in court someone was in there for front tint, and the commisioner asked if he had it signed off. He replied no, and the judge had a sherrif go out to his vehicle and verify and all he paid was the 10 fee. If you see LEO's at a starbucks offer to buy them coffee because of all they do, and ask why it's illegal to have front tint. Tell them you have sensitive eyes, and would always turn on your interior lights and roll your windows down if ever pulled over. That should work. Good luck, and pm me if you need any more info.

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.