Thread: Bentley manual thread gone

My Cars
    1994 BMW 530i and a 540i

Bentley manual thread gone

Am I in a time warp or did a thread disappear regarding someone looking to sell a bentley manual.
    I responded to it and it seems to be gone.

My Cars
    1992 525
    Well it was in the wrong section so it's possible it got deleted/ towed to the classifieds
    "Helicopters: 10,0000 pieces of metal fatigue rotating around an oil leak."

My Cars
    1994 BMW 740iL
    Yea I saw it also. You were planning on buying it or you were the one who was wondering why the OP wanted to sell it for $60? Cuz if you were going to buy it, I suggest you give me the money instead. I have a couple things I want to get for my car :|

My Cars
    Too many
    The Bentley is overrated. It is a very frustrating piece of literature. I would rather figure something out on my own then try to decipher what is in the Bentley.
    1994 e36 325i convertible, 5 spd samoablau metallic-just acquired
    1994 e34 525i schwarz II auto
    1985 Nissan 300zx 5spd
    1991 e34 535i calypsorot metallic 5spd-SOLD

My Cars
    2006 325xi Sportwagon
    Quote Originally Posted by coolvegase34 View Post
    The Bentley is overrated. It is a very frustrating piece of literature. I would rather figure something out on my own then try to decipher what is in the Bentley.
    My experience is the opposite. The manual saves a lot of time trying to figure out how things go together. It is a big help with diagnosis and can help you avoid making mistakes; like tightening control arms before preloading them. I highly recommend getting a Bentley manual if you are serious about keeping your car in top running order as a DIYer.

My Cars
    various

My Cars
    hiss by my window
    Quote Originally Posted by coolvegase34 View Post
    It is the best manual available, sans the factory book.
    How do you figure things out without information about how the car is assembled, specifications and diagnostic procedures?

If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

My Cars
    '94 530iT LSx/T56
    the wiring diagrams alone are worth their weight in gold.
    -Alex

My Cars
    Too many
    I guess I have been lucky with my e34 and I have just done routine maintenance.
    1994 e36 325i convertible, 5 spd samoablau metallic-just acquired
    1994 e34 525i schwarz II auto
    1985 Nissan 300zx 5spd
    1991 e34 535i calypsorot metallic 5spd-SOLD

My Cars
    various
    The bentley is a good manual compared to the alternatives

Haynes? medicore at best
    factory service manaul? Does this really exist. a scanned and thin online set of links with bad images. https://www.bmwtechinfo.com/repair/main/741en/index.htm

I've used some great factory service manuals for non BMW's. There just isn't one for the E34

My Cars
    11/88 E32 750iL+98 E36M3
    Bentley is in my opinion the best for the DIYer. I bought the hard copy for my E32 and also for the E36 M3. The factory / workshop manual is not so good for a shade tree mechanic, because it tells us too often to use special BMW tools # .... and refer to technical service bulletin #...

I know what I am talking about, because I bought them all

Bentley
    Reparaturanleitung BMW 7er Reihe M30/M35/M70 by Bucheli Verlag
    workshop manual from a closed down BMW repair shop
    I even have the hardcopy folders of the original ETM for my 1988 E32, also bought from a closed down former BMW dealer

And for the transmission you can buy the repair books from ATSG or ZF directly.

Do not save some bucks and wait for illegal copies, buy the original and support companies like Bentley Publishers. It is worth the money.

Here is a good info about available repair books for the E32, same refers to the E34, and there you see the differences
    http://bmwe32.masscom.net/sean750/ov...s_versie12.htm
    Shogun tricks and tips for the E32 series are HERE!

My Cars
    E46 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by ross1 View Post
    It is the best manual available, sans the factory book.
    How do you figure things out without information about how the car is assembled, specifications and diagnostic procedures?
    The interwebs

My Cars
    2006 325xi Sportwagon
    Wish I had a Bentley manual that covered my house. Boilers, air handlers, plumbing, electrical, blah blah blah. I can figure it out on my own, but it sure takes a lot more time that way. I am thankful to have the Bentley manual for my car.

My Cars
    hiss by my window
    Quote Originally Posted by ShapeShifter View Post
    The interwebs

So, the online version? Same info in a book that doesn't mind being in a shop getting dirty, all at your fingertips.

If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

My Cars
    '86 M635/'10 Clubman
    I didn't tow it, but it was probably moved to the classifieds by one of the other mods. FS threads aren't allowed in the primary E34 subforum - there would be far too many threads.

As for the Bentley, I've found it really useful.

My Cars
    E30/S50 & E34 525iT
    It is still for sale. I apologize for posting it in the wrong place. The Bentley is the best source for wiring diagrams I have found. A lot of the people that post on this forum only do basic maintenance and do not get that deep into the car so what is on the "interweb" is adequate for them.

My Cars
    '86 M635/'10 Clubman
    Have a look in the classifieds...