Thread: Bimmerworld Magnaflow cat-back thread

My Cars
    98 M3

Bimmerworld Magnaflow cat-back thread

I couldn't find much info around about the bimmerworld exhaust so I figured I'd post my experiences up. I bought it off another member on here, so I can't comment on actual interaction with bimmerworld, but only on their product. 328ibmw10 was the user on here, and was a pleasure to buy it from.
    The exhaust finish was great. Welds are nice and it came essentially brand new.
    Untitled by westophervan, on Flickr
    This photo shows why keeping a stock exhaust wasn't an option for me. It just like a poop stain on the back of a nice pair of pants.
    DSC_0277 by westophervan, on Flickr
    Exhaust took about 35-40 minutes to install. Straight forward using stock gaskets and hangers. Fitment is nothing short of perfect.
    Looks wise is a world difference than stock. Sound is louder than stock by a reasonable amount, a little drone on 2/3s throttle off the line around 1500RPMs but its just for a short bit, and seems to be non existent in the rest of the rev range. Car sounds AMAZING at full throttle, but doesn't get so loud that you only hear exhaust sound, its nicely balanced with the intake/engine sound that is natural on the s52. Overall its a great balance.
    I'll get some videos up this weekend. My local track has a lower sound limit than the average 92dB and it was a factor in choosing my exhaust. I think this should nicely slot me in just under that limit and still give that meaner sound that suits the car so well. Very happy with the product.

- 98 m3, techno/anthrazit cloth, 124k and officially worthless - 89 m3, alpine/black 143k and officially old - 2000 323it, tiag/grey, 169k and officially boring

My Cars
    E36
    Quote Originally Posted by notMpowered View Post
    U.

The fact it makes your car almost look dirty means it looks awesome! (aka your car is super clean).

:thumbsup:
    BMW CCA Illini Chapter Vice President
    1995 M3
    - My Favorite DIY's and FAQ's

My Cars
    1999 M3 and 1990 Jetta G
    Glad you liked it! It really looks great! I think that's the exhaust I'd get today if I were in the market and didn't want to spend the money on Corsa.
    TRM Coilovers 670F/895R | BBS LM | Corsa RSC36

My Cars
    E36 M3 , E39 540is
    Looks nice, but I'm in the market for the 3 inch system... Gotta get rid of my AA track pipe.
    "Racing is life, anything that happens before or after is just waiting" -Steve McQueen

"Sex is safe & racing is dangerous" -Hans-Joachim Stuck

My Cars
    2x 97 M3/4, 05 530i
    Quote Originally Posted by propcar View Post
    Glad you liked it! It really looks great! I think that's the exhaust I'd get today if I were in the market and didn't want to spend the money on Corsa.
    The corsa is SO not worth the money. Plus it's loud as all hell from what I've heard.

The borla, Magnaflow, Stromung, Supersprint and Active Autowerke are the only ones that I would personally ever buy. About the same performance and not overly loud. Out of those, the Stromung is easily the best deal.

My Cars
    98 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by Moron95M3 View Post
    The fact it makes your car almost look dirty means it looks awesome! (aka your car is super clean).

:thumbsup:
    Thanks!
    Lol that was after my car spent the night under a tree in a massive storm as well. Its usually cleaner. I'm a bit obsessive
    Quote Originally Posted by propcar View Post
    Thanks again for hooking me up with the seller! I'm really happy with it so far and can't wait until the next autocross to really hear it sing! No more track days for a while but a local club runs a rain/snow or shine autocross cup over the winter for some real fun.

- 98 m3, techno/anthrazit cloth, 124k and officially worthless - 89 m3, alpine/black 143k and officially old - 2000 323it, tiag/grey, 169k and officially boring

My Cars
    1999 M3 and 1990 Jetta G
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinwilly View Post
    The corsa is SO not worth the money. Plus it's loud as all hell from what I've heard.

The borla, Magnaflow, Stromung, Supersprint and Active Autowerke are the only ones that I would personally ever buy. About the same performance and not overly loud. Out of those, the Stromung is easily the best deal.
    I already have the Corsa, I didn't pay what it costs now... probably paid closer to what this BW exhaust costs new. I like how loud it is and all the pops and cracks it has. It's also pretty quiet with the windows up and has no drone.

Quote Originally Posted by notMpowered View Post

Thanks again for hooking me up with the seller! I'm really happy with it so far and can't wait until the next autocross to really hear it sing! No more track days for a while but a local club runs a rain/snow or shine autocross cup over the winter for some real fun.
    No problem! Glad it worked out, I love having the exhaust on the car... makes the whole experience that much funner.
    TRM Coilovers 670F/895R | BBS LM | Corsa RSC36

My Cars
    98 M3/4/5
    Quote Originally Posted by rob22sf View Post
    Looks nice, but I'm in the market for the 3 inch system... Gotta get rid of my AA track pipe.
    Go custom

My Cars
    99 M3 / 95 325i
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinwilly View Post

Corsa is not loud and sounds absolutely fantastic. I personally do not like the Borla, Stromung, or AA. Obviously a subjective thing.
    -Chris

My Cars
    98 M3
    If I wouldn't have picked this up the stromung would have been my choice likely. I think all of the above sound pretty good though. For me it was more about looks than anything. The way the stock exhaust looked literally made me angry. Not to mention I think I shaved about 30 lbs off.

My Cars
    1998 M3/4/5
    Nice review thanks for sharing. Looking forward to some videos. Your exhaust hangers will probably live forever now, lol.
    1998 Titanium/Dove M3/4/5
    2020 Toyota 4Runner

My Cars
    951, LTW M3, GTI
    so not terrible for a daily driver? I think it looks great and also hate the look of the stock exhaust.

My Cars
    98 M3
    Easily tolerable sound for a daily. A little louder but not by any stretch that its drowning out music, conversation, etc. Going to go for a nice mountain drive on sunday. I'll hook up the go pro then.

My Cars
    85 e30 98 M3/4 00 528iT
    Looks great! can't wait to see the videos! It really is simple to install and loved the looks. bet it's even better on a manual car

My Cars
    E36 M3 , E39 540is
    Quote Originally Posted by MusclesGlasses View Post
    Go custom
    True... But I may have an opportunity to buy a used one for $400 with only 2k miles on it. I mainly want it for the weight savings, I love how my aa track pipe sounds...god only knows over the course of 15 years of owing my E36 I've gone through almost every single exhaust you can think of lol and the track pipe doesn't have any drone and is very quiet...until WOT lol then its sickk with no raspy sound!
    Last edited by rob22sf; 10-25-2014 at 11:42 PM.
    "Racing is life, anything that happens before or after is just waiting" -Steve McQueen

My Cars
    99 M3, 16' x35d, 09 128i
    True... But I may have an opportunity to buy a used one for $400 with only 2k miles on it. I mainly want it for the weight savings, I love how my aa track pipe sounds...god only knows over the course of 15 years of owing my E36 I've gone through almost every single exhaust you can think of lol and the track pipe doesn't have any drone and is very quiet...until WOT lol then its sickk with no raspy sound!
    May be able to buy which system for $400?
    Last edited by MauiM3Mania; 10-26-2014 at 12:31 AM. Reason: quoted profanity

My Cars
    E36 M3 , E39 540is
    Quote Originally Posted by KnudsonsM3 View Post
    May be able to buy which system for $400?
    BW race 3inch

My Cars
    99 M3, 16' x35d, 09 128i
    BW race 3inch
    Do it! Any pics of it?

Make sure you post up some videos once it's installed.

My Cars
    E36 M3 , E39 540is
    Quote Originally Posted by KnudsonsM3 View Post
    Do it! Any pics of it?

Make sure you post up some videos once it's installed.
    Depends if my roommate sells it to me lol if he goes turbo then its mine!

My Cars
    a few e30s
    Depends if my roommate sells it to me lol if he goes turbo then its mine!
    Tell him to be ready for sadness if he goes turbo. Ask GG.

My Cars
    E36 M3 , E39 540is
    Quote Originally Posted by dohcdoh View Post
    Tell him to be ready for sadness if he goes turbo. Ask GG.
    He already had a couple turbo S50s
    He like being sad.
    Last edited by rob22sf; 10-26-2014 at 07:55 AM.

My Cars
    e30m52 325iT E30 E70X5