Thread: BMW E39 2.8i 1999 Engine starting problem

My Cars
    BMW e39 2.8i 1999

BMW E39 2.8i 1999 Engine starting problem

Dear Gents, im new here, and am in need of urgent help......

basically, im trying to get my bmw started.
    Initially, the car started to die and wouldnt start....i assumed it was the throttle cable to the asc module. I changed that.
    Tried to start the car and nothing would happen, it would turn, but not start.

I had the bmw guy come out and read the codes, he diagnosed it as a faulty MAF sensor, he took the sensor plug off and it kind of started and stayed on untill i turned it off. then it juts would not start. I cleaned the MAF with CARB cleaner, it started and the the same thing, it just wouldnt start. I used TWO used MAF sensors from other bmws but the car would still not start ( the mechanic said they were good ). i also disconnected the MAF sensor hoping that it would juts start without the MAF sensor, but to no avail....it juts does not start, it turns, but no start.

Any ideas? your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you guys.
    Regards
    Farhan

My Cars
    11/88 E32 750iL+98 E36M3
    Post your question in the E39 forum, there are all the E39 owners which know their cars. This is the BMW general forum, for each model we have a specific forum.
    Also use the search engine on this forum, see top right. Maybe the question has already been answered before.
    Shogun tricks and tips for the E32 series are HERE!