Thread: 88 735i Not shifting in Economy mode or Sport mode

My Cars
    88 735i & 98 740i

Smile 88 735i Not shifting in Economy mode or Sport mode

Okay so after a long hiatus, (tracking down some extra parts, driving my Euro 300TE, and working long hours) Its time I get down to business and put my 7 back to the level it should be and the biggest problem i have is that the transmission refuses to shift up automatically. Its like it gets to the point of shifting and the RPMs just keep climbing. However, I can drive the car no problem in manual mode (and with my straight pipe exhaust it sounds pretty good too.) the day i did it, I remember i was in a bit of a bad mood and accidentally slapped it into neutral at the lights and revved it to about 4500-5500RPMs. then it started behaving this way. a friend of mine whos a mechanic reccomended i just change the switch as it has become a tad gummed up i must admit. I also bought a gasket and fluid (still need a filter) for a tranny flush because i figured maybe it needed it. My ex coworker whos a BMW service advisor said it may be my TCM.

I`m completely baffled, have any of you had this happen? I'm really hoping i dont need a new transmission... what is going on with the damn thing?

My Cars
    11/88 E32 750iL+98 E36M3
    First of all clean the switch. I had that once before with the S-E-M switch, it just got dirty inside and the contacts were bad.
    Shift Console: removal, shift selector contacts cleaning, A/M switch cleaning, shift-gate slider piece replacement http://www.nmia.com/~dgnrg/page_13.htm

Also clean the transmission shit selector switch under the wood of the center console
    http://twrite.org/shogunnew/otherMod...nsmission.html
    Shogun tricks and tips for the E32 series are HERE!