Thread: my first BMW

My Cars
    ferrari

my first BMW

Hi All I'm about to purchase a 2014 420 diesel in white with beige interior but i dont know if the colour combo goes well so need a little help with peoples thoughts... the salesman tells me its a rare expensive upgrade ... Can u help

its venetian beige leather
    Last edited by barrie nunn; 10-20-2014 at 06:28 PM. Reason: mistake

My Cars
    1999 M3 , 1999 328is
    White with a tan interior is a very nice combination, but yes it is rare. Typically if you see a white BMW, they are rare to begin with, they typically have a black interior. If you can option it, get a darker shade of Tan, the light ones tend to look a bit washed out in a white car. A lot of people like contrast, a dark interior with a light body or a light interior with a dark body.

I don't know why it would be expensive, but BMW pricing is not always logical.
    Current fleet:
    1999 BMW e36 M3
    1999 BMW e36 328is with rotary valve engine head
    1999 Oldsmobile Eighty Eight
    1990 Jeep Comanche Eliminator
    1962 Austin Healey Sprite

My Cars
    z3
    Uhh, the vast majority of white cars I see have tan interiors, not black. White over black for certain models is in fact a "Unicorn" color scheme. Based on the production numbers Im looking at, for the E39 just because its what I have handy, there were roughly 2.5 tan interiors to every 1 black (in white cars).

OP, white on tan is a desirable color for reselling in the future. However if you dont like the color, get a different color. They can send the order off to get built and they can build it to YOUR desires if you dont mind waiting for it.

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    2003 325i
    Tan leather over black leather every. single. time.

My Cars
    Look at sig
    Diesel <3

[ 1995 Alpine White Coupe M3 Track Build | 1997 Techno Violet M3/4/5 | 2000 Imola Red M5 DINAN S1 | 2001 Phoenix Yellow M3 | 2009 Blue Water 335d ]

|-| I run the largest active group of BMWs in the area, join me at Central Florida BMW Owners |-|

INSTAGRAM/Millakins | FACEBOOK/milla.bimmer

___ NURPLE ___ M3PO ___ M CINQUE ___

My Cars
    02 M62 Dinan 5 (SLOW)
    I am a sucker for white with black guts. But will the tan interior have a black dash and trim? I would ask for sure. The tan dash and trim really doesn't look the part. My father in law ordered his e39 with tan and it has the tan dash, and its a bit darker than the seats, but still not preferred IMO. actually I have a pic, check it out, 01 530i sport, 61k miles I hopefully will end up with it./

My Cars
    z3
    Quote Originally Posted by 1gr8e39 View Post
    I am a sucker for white with black guts. But will the tan interior have a black dash and trim? I would ask for sure. The tan dash and trim really doesn't look the part. My father in law ordered his e39 with tan and it has the tan dash, and its a bit darker than the seats, but still not preferred IMO. actually I have a pic, check it out, 01 530i sport, 61k miles I hopefully will end up with it./
    All non-M E39s with tan interiors have a dark brown upper dashboard and upper door panel portions. It is rather hideous imho. E39 M5's with the tan (caramel) interior got black upper dashboard/door panels.

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    ferrari
    Hi Yes it has a black dash