Autogeek.net Car Care Products
** 10% off @ Autogeek.net - PinnacleWax.com & Wolfgangcarcare.com - Coupon Code = clubmember

Thread: Headliner cleaning

My Cars
    2007 BMW 328xi Coupe

Headliner cleaning

What's the best way to go about cleaning the headliner and pillars? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

My Cars
    2001 325vert
    This is a tough one because if you rub to hard trying to scrub out any stains itll likely pull the fabric off.

Youre best bet is to get some fabric cleaner/stain remover (like for a couch)and let it soak long time before vacuuming/wipping the loosened dirt off. Goodluck

My Cars
    '97 540i/A & '97 540i/6
    Folex Instant Carpet Stain Remover. $6 for a quart spray bottle at Lowe's. Use as directed. I use it on carpet, cloth upholstery and head liners. Even the lightest colors don't stain. It's really magic and you'll thank me.

My Cars
    2007 BMW 328xi Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by denzee View Post
    Folex Instant Carpet Stain Remover. $6 for a quart spray bottle at Lowe's. Use as directed. I use it on carpet, cloth upholstery and head liners. Even the lightest colors don't stain. It's really magic and you'll thank me.
    I'll look into that. Thanks for the suggestion.

My Cars
    s52 e30, e36Ms, e46M
    i use a steam cleaner.
    Check out my details and paint corrections!

www.theautospallc.com

My Cars
    2007 BMW 328xi Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by speedster View Post
    i use a steam cleaner.
    It doesn't make the headliner sag? I figured the heat and moisture would cause the headliner to sag.

My Cars
    00 740i S,08 CRV,95
    Be gentle! Generally I would use an APC, Folex or my favorite foam fabric cleaner on a barely damp microfiber towel and then dab and very, very gently aggitate. You don't get them very wet at all. I also rarely vacuum them unless they are just so bad it is kind of a last resort and it may need replaced anyways. Even then I use a gentle brush attachment on the vaccuum to both cut down on suction while providing just a bit of aggitation. Dirt (not stains) doesn't get ground in like carpet, seats, etc.