Thread: Forums opinion on buying a used with modifications...

My Cars
    2010 Nissan Altima 2.5S

Forums opinion on buying a used with modifications...

Wondering what the boards opinion is on buying something that has mods to it.

Do you prefer stock then mod the car your own way? Or are you open to something that may have an aftermarket exhaust installed.

Personally I hate it when I see something for sale that has superficial changes to the car. I like it to look stock as possible within reason. I'm looking at a car right now and they painted the break calipers yellow. The car is gray so I guess they were going for a Ferrari look.

My Cars
    z3
    I like when cars have well-kept drivetrains with a few cosmetic mods that arent to everyone's taste. Such as an older enthusiast/middle aged guys usually, who take care of the drivetrain but modify the cosmetics.

The reason I like cars like that is because the cosmetic mods mean you can get the car for cheaper than you could otherwise and its been taken care of. Its easy to revert cars to stock within reason.

I tend to avoid cars with performance upgrades, unless they are also reliability upgrades.

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    1999 M3 , 1999 328is
    I like a car to be as stock as possible and am trying very hard to keep my cars completely stock parts. I really am someone that thinks that most cars do look best the way they came from the factory, in general the factory does a good job styling cars.

That being said if a BMW had M-Pars on it and they weren't the stock wheel, I wouldn't turn my nose at it.
    Current fleet:
    1999 BMW e36 M3
    1999 BMW e36 328is with rotary valve engine head
    1999 Oldsmobile Eighty Eight
    1990 Jeep Comanche Eliminator
    1962 Austin Healey Sprite

My Cars
    E36/4/5
    Give me it as it rolled off the showroom floor owned by an older feller that has money...has been good for me bad for my purchase price otoh

My Cars
    1999 M3 , 1999 328is
    Quote Originally Posted by r33p04s View Post
    Give me it as it rolled off the showroom floor owned by an older feller that has money...has been good for me bad for my purchase price otoh
    That is exactly what I did for my M5, I bought it essentially from the original owner whom was an older Doctor. He traded it in on a new Audi, I bought it off of the dealership for a song, they just wanted it off their lot.
    Current fleet:
    1999 BMW e36 M3
    1999 BMW e36 328is with rotary valve engine head
    1999 Oldsmobile Eighty Eight
    1990 Jeep Comanche Eliminator
    1962 Austin Healey Sprite