Thread: Where to go from an E46 M3 vert in the sub $30K range?

My Cars
    nsx - shopping for 540i/6

Where to go from an E46 M3 vert in the sub $30K range?

I really love my 2003.5 E46 M3 6sp hardtop 'vert but you know how the grass is always greener. If I'm going to sell it, spring is probably going to be the best time so I'm starting to think about it now. It's getting to the point where sometime in 2015 it will break that 70k mileage barrier and the depreciation will start to increase.

I'd really like to stick with a 'vert if I were to replace it, so I'm soliciting ideas that would fall in the under $30K area.

Not sure how much of a step up a B7 S4 'vert is or if it's more of a lateral move. I do like the idea of a real back seat though, having a 7 and 9yo.

Does Merc have an AMG that's a 'vert with a rear seat? (I know the most expensive merc you can buy is a cheap merc with no warranty)

Any suggestions?

Perhaps someday an M6 will come down enough

My Cars
    z3
    Hope your not expecting $30k for your 'vert...

M6's can actually be had under $30k if you look carefully. I've seen a few go for $26-32 on m5board.

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    nsx - shopping for 540i/6
    Quote Originally Posted by BimmerBreaker View Post
    Hope your not expecting $30k for your 'vert...

M6's can actually be had under $30k if you look carefully. I've seen a few go for $26-32 on m5board.
    I do not at all expect $30k for my vert, I was merely stating my budget. I had no idea M6's could be had that inexpensively. I'll definitely look into it.

My Cars
    2009 BMW 135i
    Search through autotrader and cars.com. There's all sorts of good stuff available around $30,000. Not one of these though.