RM European Auto Parts

Thread: Replaced Fuel Filter, Fuel Pump is at a HIGH BUZZ

My Cars
    325xi

Replaced Fuel Filter, Fuel Pump is at a HIGH BUZZ

So tonight I took the time to replace my fuel filter.
    BACK STORY
    My 325xi 2003 lost complete acceleration/power behind the pedal when I through it in reverse. Actually made it down the street to go to class, turned around immediatly because I was still pudding along with no power behind the pedal for 50 yards. I Have a half a tank of gas none the less. Did my research and narrowed it down to the fuel filter or the pump. Figured it wasn't the pump because my car was still turning over even after I parked it in my driveway. Ordered it anyway

...SO.... replaced the filter, car pudded and electric system kinda went in and out. Given it is 40 degrees out I let it warm up for a couple of min when I noticed the rpms were looking good and it stopped pudding ( had a strong idle ). took it for a test drive, WALLA !! I fixed it!! needless to say I AM A GIRL.... DID IT MYSELF. (My boyfriend was very impressed). BUT!! and this is a huge BUT, like Beyonce BIG. My fuel pump is making a really mean buzzing noise. A buzz that is very apparent with the windows up (sitting in car) and especially when you are standing next to it(outside). This sort of scares me. I did however buy a fuel pump as well for back up just in case it was not the fuel filter. It will be delivered tomorrow. Should I go ahead and change that out as well or let it sit/ride for a bit to see if it is just the pump getting back to normal.? I say this because After I took the fuel filter off i put it in a mason jar to see how gross it was on the inside. The jar was a quarter of the way filled with straight black sut/gas. I think the fuel pump is working as it should now and not trying extra hard to pump gas due to the nasty filter. I think this is why it is making the noise. I could be terribly wrong. Could someone shine some light on the situation?

Specs
    127,000 original fuel filter =( ......BUT REPLACED =)
    Original pump as well...... I bought this car with 113,000 miles this is the first thing I've had to fix
    Oh AND my engine light is on because I need to change my brake valve. (is that an easy fix?) Or should I bring it in???????

Given I am the daughter of a elevator mechanic, this is my first BMW. I don't understand what everyone complains about parts being to expensive or hard to fix either.
    I LOVE MY BIMMER TLC&ToughLOVE anyday

My Cars
    2018 BMW M240i
    Kasandra, congratz on replacing the fuel filter! I'm not surprised the filter was full of crap. And welcome to the addiction!!

What is the code that indicated the valve needs to be replaced? Also, what device did you use to read the code?

My Cars
    325xi
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcoZandrini View Post
    Kasandra, congratz on replacing the fuel filter! I'm not surprised the filter was full of crap. And welcome to the addiction!!

What is the code that indicated the valve needs to be replaced? Also, what device did you use to read the code?
    Thanks! To answer your question about the code. Bavarian aotuparts ran the test, as I did bring it into them. The dealarship apperently sold me this car with a cracked, and glued together brake valve which is very dangerous. I still have brakes, it is just a matter of time before I loose all compression I'm guessing.