Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2014 Japanese GP @ Suzuka

My Cars
    SR-71 Blackbird

2014 Japanese GP @ Suzuka

Favourite track, unlike the Marina Bay street circuit a weekend ago. I think we should have more tracks like the Suzuka. Long sweeping fast hand turns, higher average speeds, the nature of the track should be such that it is more enjoyable to drive and spend a lot less on braking and or braking for the next sharp 90+ degree turn at very low speeds, or having very short straights. That's what I don't like about some of the F1 tracks nowadays. Well, enough of my tantrums, looking forward for a more close battle between the two teammates who are also rivals to each other. It won't be too long before Mercedes will wrap up the championship title as a constructor and that would be a great achievement for them after ... what 7+ decades ago?

Drivers Standings
    Championship Standings
    Lewis Hamilton 241
    Nico Rosberg 238
    Daniel Ricciardo 181
    Fernando Alonso 133
    Sebastian Vettel 124
    Valtteri Bottas 122
    Jenson Button 72
    Nico Hulkenberg 72
    Felipe Massa 65
    Sergio Perez 45
    Kimi Raikkonen 45
    Kevin Magnussen 39
    Jean-Eric Vergne 19
    Romain Grosjean 8
    Daniil Kvyat 8
    Jules Bianchi 2

Constructors Standings
    Championship Points
    Mercedes AMG 479
    RBR 305
    Williams 187
    Ferrari 178
    Force India 117
    Mclaren 111
    STR 27
    Lotus F1 8
    Marussia 2
    Sauber 0
    Caterham 0

Look at some of the driver's points in the table that are pretty close. Similarly, a few of the teams are ready to overtake other teams.

In the mean while, I posted this a few threads ago but it seems like no one talked about it or even asked a question, so I'll post it here again ......

My Cars
    17 X5M, 19 X3, 03 C4S
    This is also one of my favorite tracks as well, behind SPA, Monza, and maybe Gilles Villenueve.

Can't wait to see Friday practice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan M3 View Post
    Crime is crime. So what if I have a badge, gun, taser, pepper spray, and a propensity for violating individual's rights?
    2017 X5 ///M
    2019 X3 XDrive 30i
    2003 C4S

My Cars
    SR-71 Blackbird
    Meh ... I'll be busy this Fri and Sat so I won't be able to watch the practice sessions and the qualifying session. I will watch the race though.

My Cars
    2005 M3
    - - - Updated - - -

Any idea what the weather will be like? Suzuka in the rain is always fun. (By the way, what's up with the Sochi circuit map?)
    2005 M3 Coupe Interlagos Blue/Black Leather 6-speed
    1997 M3 Coupe Arctic Silver/Black Leather 5-speed (sold)

My Cars
    The best event of the year. Best track and best fans.

My Cars
    SR-71 Blackbird
    Quote Originally Posted by ArticM3 View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

Any idea what the weather will be like? Suzuka in the rain is always fun. (By the way, what's up with the Sochi circuit map?)
    Looks like the weather will be cloudy as usual.

https://weather.yahoo.com/forecast/JAXX0112_c.html

Well, not much with the Sochi track but just wanted to point out the layout. There's a bit of reminiscent of the Korean GP track and a bit of the Valencia circuit.

Quote Originally Posted by bmwretard View Post
    The best event of the year. Best track and best fans.
    Aye! The fans are what keeps Suzuka in F1. They are so loyal and faithful to this sport. And, of course, one of the best tracks in the world.

My Cars
    SR-71 Blackbird

My Cars
    2007 335i
    Quote Originally Posted by auaq View Post
    And it looks like an engine... I'm really hoping this engine will help McLaren challenge Merc. The more engine suppliers the better IMHO.
    2007 BMW 335i: stock for the foreseeable future.
    BFC OT Cook Book 1st Editionhttp://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1035694
    Quote Originally Posted by tmoeller View Post
    it always amazes me the things I see when I don't have a shotgun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson
    How turbochargers work: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster.

My Cars
    11 128i
    Looks like it could be a wet one, they're projecting typhoon phanfone to be near Japan on Sunday. Hopefully it won't be race-delaying heavy rain.
    11 128i Space Gray slicktop
    13 WK2 Deep Cherry

My Cars
    '07 E92 335i
    Supposedly Alonso announcing his departure from Ferrari this weekend according to rumors.

flickr
    BMW CCA #444326
    come see bought me

My Cars
    17 X5M, 19 X3, 03 C4S
    Quote Originally Posted by gary88 View Post
    Supposedly Alonso announcing his departure from Ferrari this weekend according to rumors.
    Just read that on Autosport. It was only a matter of time they split, but it'll be interesting who Ferrari can get to fill Alonso's spot.
    Crime is crime. So what if I have a badge, gun, taser, pepper spray, and a propensity for violating individual's rights?
    2017 X5 ///M
    2019 X3 XDrive 30i
    2003 C4S

My Cars
    11 128i
    I'd hope Bianchi would get called up to fill Alonso's spot. I think Bianchi has shown he can drive the heck out of a poor performing car.
    11 128i Space Gray slicktop
    13 WK2 Deep Cherry

My Cars
    17 X5M, 19 X3, 03 C4S
    Quote Originally Posted by spidertri View Post
    I'd hope Bianchi would get called up to fill Alonso's spot. I think Bianchi has shown he can drive the heck out of a poor performing car.
    Yeah, and I think he's been in the Ferrari camp before. But with Kimi retiring next year, and no lock on Vettel, who could they get to help develop the cars for the future? I don't know that Bianchi's there yet.
    2017 X5 ///M
    2019 X3 XDrive 30i
    2003 C4S

My Cars
    Quote Originally Posted by m3fuz View Post
    But with Kimi retiring next year
    Wtf?

My Cars
    e10, e30,e85,UCK41, r56
    Quote Originally Posted by bmwretard View Post
    Wtf?
    Kimi's come out and said he plans to retire after his Ferrari contract is up, which runs through next year.

'06 Tundra - Toy Hauler -- '89 325is, 24v Track Rat --'76 2002, Summer wannabe DD/restomod thing -- '03 Z4, GI Joe Roadster playset -- '01 R1100S, Beemer -- '07 Mini Cooper S -- '10 328xi

My Cars
    1997 Estoril M3 Coupe
    Alonso to Honda/Mclaren?

Oh I know, Alonso for USF1 rnd two.

My Cars
    1998 528i 5speed Sport
    Vettel out of RB at the end of 2014, daniel ricciardo and daniil kyatt will be the RB 2015 squad.

http://www.infiniti-redbullracing.co...iver-line-2015

i guess Vettel is going to Ferrari and Alonso to McLaren
    e30 325i, the mighty 4 door granma mobile....Gone
    e39 528i, 4 door sports tank

My Cars
    1987 BMW 325iS
    Vettel to Ferrari confirmed by the official F1 Twitter account before the team actually announced anything.. Doh!!
    Cirrusblau '87 325 Sedan - RIP
    Schwarz '89 325i Coupe - RIP
    Delphin '87 325iS - Coming back soon!

My Cars
    '07 E92 335i
    Can't wait to see Vettel in red

Quali on now.

flickr
    BMW CCA #444326
    come see bought me

My Cars
    E30 M3,E28 M5,E39 M5 etc
    Quote Originally Posted by Joel 87 325 View Post
    Vettel to Ferrari confirmed by the official F1 Twitter account before the team actually announced anything.. Doh!!
    link?

My Cars
    17 X5M, 19 X3, 03 C4S
    Quote Originally Posted by S14 View Post
    link?
    2017 X5 ///M
    2019 X3 XDrive 30i
    2003 C4S

My Cars
    SR-71 Blackbird
    So Mercedes on pole with Williams behind.

Regarding the news on Alonso and on Seb, that was out of nowhere to be honest. Reports of Seb going to Ferrari and Alonso either going to RBR or back to Mclaren/Honda. One still has to wonder what benefit do both drivers and the teams have for next year. RBR will still be using Renault PU and since there's already an engine freeze Ferrari are pretty much stuck with their current level of performance. What can Ferrari offer to Seb and what can RBR offer to Alonso is another question. The Mclaren/Honda will be a different thing because both parties will have to work together to achieve a reliable and hopefully a winning package. I have doubts that Honda are thoroughly prepared yet for next year not until year 2016. No matter how much one prepares in behind closed doors or even in private testing, it's the real world endurance testing that truly shows of what these machines are capable of.

My Cars
    E30 M3,E28 M5,E39 M5 etc
    Do you think the official press release from rbr that next years drivers lineup is ric and kyv is just a placeholder until they can sign Alonso?

I think seb see's an opportunity with Alonso leaving to join his dream team, and with all the kerfuffel going on at Ferrari maybe he is hopping to build a powerhouse like the last 27 year old German to wear red.

So much written press is speculation, but I read somewhere last night that seb has had an open offer from Ferrari for some time.

My Cars
    17 X5M, 19 X3, 03 C4S
    Quote Originally Posted by S14 View Post
    Do you think the official press release from rbr that next years drivers lineup is ric and kyv is just a placeholder until they can sign Alonso? I think seb see's an opportunity with Alonso leaving to join his dream team, and with all the kerfuffel going on at Ferrari maybe he is hopping to build a powerhouse like the last 27 year old German to wear red. So much written press is speculation, but I read somewhere last night that seb has had an open offer from Ferrari for some time.
    I don't know what Vettel is thinking when Mattiaci said the Ferrari needs 2 years to be competitive.

I can't see Alonso at Red Bull. With Ricciardo and Kyvat, Red Bull again has some great, young talent. I doubt it's a placeholder.
    2017 X5 ///M
    2019 X3 XDrive 30i
    2003 C4S

My Cars
    SR-71 Blackbird
    Ofcourse, even with statement releases either by the teams itself or by a second/third party this can all still be just a speculation.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast