Thread: Advice regarding E63 cabrio, endurance of roof.

My Cars
    1998 BMW E46 318i M43

Advice regarding E63 cabrio, endurance of roof.

Hello,

I'am thinking myself to buy a E63 cabrio, manufactured between 2006 and 2008, I really don't know if the coupe would be a better option.
    In my case I don't have a garage so the car will endure both summer and winter ( even -18 celsius ), snow, rain, etc... I don't know how good is the roof system agains open weather, could someone please advice ? Does this thing require special maintenance ?

Also interested to know how easy is to cut open such a fabric roof ( knife/cutter ), in my country I can expect such things if the roof can be easily cuttable. Till now I didn't have the chance to find such a car and examine the build strengh/quality.

Does any hard top exists for E63 ?

I have to chose between the E63 cabrio / E63 coupe or E90 cabrio that would have a hard top.

Thanks !

My Cars
    z3
    I'm not sure about removable hard tops but they are all soft tops and they are strong roofs but someone who wants in can still cut their way in.

I would get the E90 cabrio personally. Enjoy beautiful scenery when you want to have the top down, and have the security of a coupe when the top is up. Seems to be best of both worlds.

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    1998 BMW E46 318i M43
    Thanks !

What about the weather durability ?