Thread: realoem.com prices, are they accurate

My Cars
    1997 318ti

realoem.com prices, are they accurate

I've tried purchasing some parts from a bmw dealership and I give them the part # but they say the part is seven times more than what's listed on realoem.com.And what makes the least sense is that the price varies from dealership to dealership but they're still much higher than realoem. So where does realoem get those prices?

My Cars
    E36 M3 , E39 540is
    each dealer has their own " price matrix" basically they can name their own price.
    "Racing is life, anything that happens before or after is just waiting" -Steve McQueen

"Sex is safe & racing is dangerous" -Hans-Joachim Stuck

My Cars
    z3
    Get the part # and plug it into getbmwparts.com or similar online parts vendor. That will give you a more realistic figure on what you should be paying. Some parts have increased in cost dramatically.

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    '03 Z4, '85 Subaru Wagon, '87 Suzuki Savage LS650
    Quote Originally Posted by rob22sf View Post
    each dealer has their own " price matrix" basically they can name their own price.
    ^This.

I recently priced a part at 2 dealerships within 13 miles of each other. At one place it was $22, at the other it was $37.50.
    Last edited by montaillou; 09-23-2014 at 04:23 PM.
    Not so much a signature as a cry for help.

Hold on, saw this in a cartoon once...think I can pull it off.

My Cars
    95 M3 - 03 325i - 68 Bug
    BMW is not quite corporately ran per-say in the US, they are individually owned and operated...thus the pricing/hourly rate.

And realoem has been around since 2004, so the prices back then have definitely changed over time. As the American way has unfortunately gone, same parts with higher prices....likely less quality of the parts, but not if it's made in Germany.

My Cars
    ///M Roadster
    RealOEM prices are not accurate at all.
    Cyrus Mistry

My Cars
    1992 325is
    Quote Originally Posted by BimmerBreaker View Post
    Get the part # and plug it into getbmwparts.com or similar online parts vendor. That will give you a more realistic figure on what you should be paying. Some parts have increased in cost dramatically.

getbmwparts.com, huskerparts.com have the best prices. BAVAUTO has price match, no tax (because they re located in New Hampshire) and free shipping on orders after 150$, guess where I am going every time.

If you want the bavauto price match you have to order by phone and they will ask you the website url where you are getting the price that you need to match.

I have been looking for new OE or OEM parts at the best price and I allways buy at bavauto.com

turnermotorsport has a great customer service too, but they are pretty expensive, I think they have price match, but I am not sure.

My Cars
    hiss by my window
    Quote Originally Posted by SneauxM3 View Post
    BMW is not quite corporately ran per-say in the US, they are individually owned and operated...thus the pricing/hourly rate.

And realoem has been around since 2004, so the prices back then have definitely changed over time. As the American way has unfortunately gone, same parts with higher prices....likely less quality of the parts, but not if it's made in Germany.

Most asinine post of the day.

@OP don't bank on realoem pricing

If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

My Cars
    98 M3, 03 540it M-Sport
    plus you can't even order parts from them anyways. There is a website that compares prices from about 15 BMW part websites at once, like a kayak.com for BMW parts. I can't remember the site, maybe someone here can post it for you/us.
    '98 M3 5spd - '03 540it 6spd M-Sport

My Cars
    hiss by my window
    Quote Originally Posted by QtheGenius View Post
    plus you can't even order parts from them anyways. There is a website that compares prices from about 15 BMW part websites at once, like a kayak.com for BMW parts. I can't remember the site, maybe someone here can post it for you/us.
    http://www.furiousmethod.com/

If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

My Cars
    95 M3 - 03 325i - 68 Bug
    No asinine post, just the truth.

You can keep your panties on there big chicago, it's just a post about the product quality/pricing that has been failing over many years(here, not Europe)...how about keep on subject instead commenting like a child on a post.

OP- Realoem is a price comparison tool/part # checker.

And use a real website like thebmwpartstore.com - funny how they still come out cheaper than any website mentioned for parts yet. And Turner WILL price match.
    Last edited by SneauxM3; 10-15-2014 at 09:08 AM.

My Cars
    11 335i, 01 740i Sport
    Getbmwparts.com has accurate msrp pricing displayed. Another source is RM European, both Oem and aftermarket manufacturers.
    2011 335i XDrive Coupe
    2001 740i Sport

My Cars
    '03 Z4, '85 Subaru Wagon, '87 Suzuki Savage LS650
    Quote Originally Posted by SneauxM3 View Post
    And use a real website like thebmwpartstore.com - funny how they still come out cheaper than any website mentioned for parts yet. And Turner WILL price match.
    That's good to know, because I've found http://www.tomkinsonbmwparts.com/ usually has the lowest oem prices. I usually go to getbmwparts first, but often end up at tomkinsombmw last.
    Not so much a signature as a cry for help.

Hold on, saw this in a cartoon once...think I can pull it off.

My Cars
    hiss by my window
    [QUOTE=SneauxM3;28010738]No asinine post, just the truth.

You can keep your panties on there big chicago, it's just a post about the product quality/pricing that has been failing over many years(here, not Europe)...how about keep on subject instead commenting like a child on a post.

QUOTE]
    Never considered dropping them, sir. Please tell us all about Europe.
    Last edited by ross1; 10-16-2014 at 11:17 AM.