Thread: How much rippin n twisting can a stock BMW take compared to a M3? Two part question

My Cars
    tricycle and bigwheel

-----

Mods Delete
    Last edited by LS1 Inside; 09-22-2014 at 10:09 PM. Reason: posted in wrong section

My Cars
    z3
    Any chassis reinforcements between the models are very minor and to someone doing an LS swap the labor to reinforce the chassis on the non-M yourself would be easy work compared to a lot of the custom swap stuff.

The chassis/shells are basically identical save for a couple plates or gussets

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    2005 325Xi
    if by "M3 shell", you mean that you'd have to supply the interior or some other major portions of the vehicle, go with the complete vehicle.
    Last edited by Critter7r; 09-22-2014 at 01:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by B4SH View Post
    If anyone knows, it's this guy who knows literally nothing about everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by fcvapor05 View Post
    Do you even OT? The mean 401k around here is probably about $6, what with all the shiny cars and $1,000 watches and donations to get other members' Volvos running.

My Cars
    tricycle and bigwheel
    Hmmm, interesting responses so far.

Well, one thing for sure, with the M3, I could sport the the "m3" on the back without having an identity crises so to speak, lol.

I have actually found one with no engine, tires or trans for $2k. Just not happy with the color .
    Last edited by LS1 Inside; 09-22-2014 at 05:46 PM.

My Cars
    1999 M3 , 1999 328is
    I really don't know the second thing about e36 M3s, but I have a hard time believing that the stock chassis is going to hold up to the torque of a well build LS1 engine.
    Current fleet:
    1999 BMW e36 M3
    1999 BMW e36 328is with rotary valve engine head
    1999 Oldsmobile Eighty Eight
    1990 Jeep Comanche Eliminator
    1962 Austin Healey Sprite

My Cars
    z3
    Quote Originally Posted by pizzaman09 View Post
    I really don't know the second thing about e36 M3s, but I have a hard time believing that the stock chassis is going to hold up to the torque of a well build LS1 engine.
    Tons of members here getting along just fine with LS swapped E36's. Its an extremely strong chassis, the best from it's era really bar none...

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!