While doing a search for perfomance parts I came across a story which should put a smile on every BMW enthusiasts face. Under the picture was the following story. Hope you enjoy it.

In 2006, I flew to California and paid a man $200 for an old BMW that appeared to have been lived in by a pack of moose. The car, a 1969 2000A, was essentially a BMW 1500 with a bigger engine — the proto 3 Series. I found it on Craigslist while halfway through a bottle of bourbon, which made the purchase seem like a good idea. What ensued was fun, but it was most definitely not a good idea. It started with a road trip — for some asinine reason, I decided to drive the car home to Michigan, even though it hadn't run in years and the interior smelled like a dead whale. Being relatively handy with a wrench, I figured nothing could go wrong. Naturally, everything did. The radiator exploded. The exhaust fell off. The thermostat stuck. The front shocks blew while cresting the Sierras and made the car body-slam its oil pan into the pavement every time the wind shifted. All told, the 2,300-mile weeklong trip taught me a few things: First, never buy a car while drinking. Second, if it smells like a dead animal, it probably is. And third, even four decades of wear and tear can't erase good genes: In spite of everything, the car was a balls-out hoot to drive. It was balanced and zippy and stayed alive in the face of staggering abuse, which just added to its charm.