Thread: Speedo Cluster Dead !!!! any rebuilders ??

My Cars
    '97 850 M73 / '90 750il

Speedo Cluster Dead !!!! any rebuilders ??

anyone know of a company that can rebuild the cluster ?
    cluster went out driving down interstate, I thought it was the battery or the Alt.... both checked fine... a good tech tracked it to the circuit bd on the cluster .... 1200 for new one

'07 MZ4 Rdstr

My Cars
    '05 ZHP, '16 Golf R
    If anyone can do it, these guys can...

http://www.nhspeedometer.com
    '08 Z4 M Coupé LM08602
    '19 Golf R

My Cars
    '97 850 M73 / '90 750il
    Thanks .....

I talked to them and $750 and 2 weeks to rebuild,.... $834 for a new one from the Dlr..
    makes me wonder if they just send them to someone else and are just the middle man

My Cars
    '05 ZHP, '16 Golf R
    Quote Originally Posted by jayseitz View Post
    I talked to them and $750 and 2 weeks to rebuild,.... $834 for a new one from the Dlr..
    makes me wonder if they just send them to someone else and are just the middle man
    They definitely do their own work - they're craftsmen and have been in biz for 50+ years. They do all kinds of custom work too.

At that price, you might as well buy new, though you'll have to have the new one coded, probably by the dealer, which will add more cost. Try shopping online for the lowest price you can find, then see if your dealership will match.
    '08 Z4 M Coupé LM08602
    '19 Golf R

My Cars
    z3
    I would make sure the problem is really the cluster before sending off for that kind of money. And TBH, these clusters are extremely easy to work on. All you need to open them up is a standard set of tools and a torx driver (T15 or T20 IIRC)

You are probably better off selling your current cluster for parts on ebay and buying a new cluster.

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    '97 850 M73 / '90 750il
    I was thinking the same thing, the cluster should be worth something to someone that can rebuild it ........
    I bought a new Cluster $834 Tomkinson BMW online parts was the lowest I could find........ then it came.. box inside a box,,, and the inside factory box had been opened and re-taped a couple times... AhhhhhhRRRRRRRR......... so I took some photos of the packaging and then called them before I even opened the box !! "yah the parts Mgr said he saw that it had been re-taped when it came in" .........but it was the only one in the states....... He said Go ahead and install it and we'll work with you if there's any issues....
    4 days so far so good,,, and it re-coded just fine so we'll see ........... HEY, what's the worst can happen ????
    Stay tuned I'll let you know !!!