eBMWParts

Thread: Need Steering rack replacement options (rack doctor is an a**)

My Cars
    95 M3 Turbo

Need Steering rack replacement options (rack doctor is an a**)

So I need a new steering rack for my 95 M3. Can't use rack doctor because he refuses to sell to me (now THAT is poor business). Is there anywhere else I can get one for ~$200?

Anthony,
    We are here for you to call any time you like during business hours. An e-mail was sent out explaining that we were running behind due to vacation schedules. Each August I take the them month off until ..... I get back this year I didn't get back until sept 17th. My staff did a great job expediting orders.

I will stop the shipment and re route the rack back to us as I notice you waited until the rack shipped to tell us how poor our business is.

sorry we could not live up to your expectations

Be well
    Rich

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rich,

I don't mean to be a pain, but why did this rack take 5 and 1/2 business days to ship? I mean I didn't even get a phone or an email. I personally think that is poor business.

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3 Coupe
    So all you asked is why it took so long to ship and his response was that they are having it routed back to them and refunding you? Seems off. Why wouldn't he just give an apology email and assure you that you will have it soon.

My Cars
    95 M3 Turbo
    Yea, i thought it was a bit off myself. I'd rather not do business with someone like that, regardless of warranty. So now i need to find a new place for racks, just debating on who to use.

My Cars
    '02 540i/6
    The answer is...you don't. If you go bad mouthing a business before actually communicating with them, in a civilized manner, then they have every right to refuse business. I have had nothing but positive experience from Rick.
    2002 BMW Titanium Silver 540i/6-speed Sport - ZHP Shift Knob - M5 Clutch/TTV Racing 15.6lb Flywheel - M60 Intake Manifold - N62 84mm TB - Dinan Intake Tube - 4" MAF Tube - DUDMD Tune - Magnaflow Resonator - Eibach 18mm Rear Sway Bar - Powerflex Front Sway Bar Bushings - CDV Delete - UUC SS Brake Lines - Koni Yellow Shocks/Struts - Eibach Springs - Zionsville Radiator & FDM

My Cars
    Avus Cosmos Calypso!
    I have a few sets of good racks if you're interested OP. PM or email me. yo_lev at yahoo.com

My Cars
    95 M3 Turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamthebull View Post
    The answer is...you don't. If you go bad mouthing a business before actually communicating with them, in a civilized manner, then they have every right to refuse business. I have had nothing but positive experience from Rick.
    So where did I bad mouth them (thought i was pretty civilized)? What you see is the only communication I ever had with said company. I merely stated I was upset that he failed to communicate with a customer. Hey, to each their own opinion though.

PM sent scooper! Thanks man.

My Cars
    '02 540i/6
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuztom15 View Post
    So where did I bad mouth them (thought i was pretty civilized)? What you see is the only communication I ever had with said company. I merely stated I was upset that he failed to communicate with a customer. Hey, to each their own opinion though.

PM sent scooper! Thanks man.
    I feel like a turd now I didn't see your original message to him. Forgive me for that, yea I'd say Rick blew it a bit out of proportion in that case. If you're a business and you're going to be taking time off, let the customer know, communication is a huge factor of customer service. Yes they get a ton of orders and emails, but still, even a courtesy mass email to customers would have solved alot of headache. I still like Rick, sometimes things go sour. Hopefully you all can work things out in the long run. Either way good luck with your rack job whichever way you go.
    2002 BMW Titanium Silver 540i/6-speed Sport - ZHP Shift Knob - M5 Clutch/TTV Racing 15.6lb Flywheel - M60 Intake Manifold - N62 84mm TB - Dinan Intake Tube - 4" MAF Tube - DUDMD Tune - Magnaflow Resonator - Eibach 18mm Rear Sway Bar - Powerflex Front Sway Bar Bushings - CDV Delete - UUC SS Brake Lines - Koni Yellow Shocks/Struts - Eibach Springs - Zionsville Radiator & FDM

My Cars
    98 M3/4/6, 16 M3/6
    His site says they shipped in stock items within 24 hours. So i think they dropped the ball there.

Looks like he got overly offended by your "poor business" remark. He really mishandled the situation. Should have apologized for the delay and said he would try to update customers in the future about any foreseeable delays.

I guess business is going good for him and people are lining up to get his products. Kinda a dick move to pull a shipment back...

My Cars
    95 M3 - 03 325i - 68 Bug
    Yeaaaa....was at first thinking there was maybe another message. It does seem like he was pretty offended by the "poor business" comment and just basically said here, don't worry about our business at all then.

And I would assume they have the business for him to make a move like that.

When I ordered mine a cpl years ago he was saying "well better order now or you might be waiting till I get more." Then I got smart and did the 330 rack instead of the Z3 twitchy one. Not really a way to talk, but that seems to be automotive/related businesses..."my way or the highway." Same reason it's hard to find a good indy shop or tuner when you want one, majority are quite full of themselves and consider widespread knowledge to be their golden ticket to make money.

Hold onto the good ones you find, they're more and more rare these days. I'll do some digging and pm you, tend to have better luck than most on here in finding the best price for the right parts.

My Cars
    95 M3 Turbo
    Well thank you all for the replies. Scooper has some racks i have to reply to his PM's about.

In the end it is what it is. I do agree SneauxM3 that tuners are rare and think they are gods gift. Hell even performance shops that are good have dwindled for whatever brand your into.