Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Seeking Interest in a TC Kline Group Buy

My Cars
    One Slow 3.0
    I think at this point with so many people interested in sets they would be receptive, but if not I'm sure some of the people in this thread would also be interested in a TRM group buy if they were to offer one again.
    If peeing your pants is cool, then consider me Miles Davis.

My Cars
    98 M3 sedan
    i've been waiting for the SA's to come in from Holland to TC Kline so i can buy a set. they've been out of the rear shocks for several weeks.
    98 M3 sedan

My Cars
    99 M3, 16' x35d, 09 128i
    I can has an update.

I spoke to the TC Kline and he said he'd love nothing more than to sell 10-15 kits but he's unable to sell them for any less than what they have them up for. Any less and they'll lose too much money.

He did say he would give us free shipping on all kits ordered from now until next Friday

My Cars
    1995 M3, 1985 745i , S13 240sx sr20det
    Quote Originally Posted by KnudsonsM3 View Post
    I can has an update. I spoke to the TC Kline and he said he'd love nothing more than to sell 10-15 kits but he's unable to sell them for any less than what they have them up for. Any less and they'll lose too much money. He did say he would give us free shipping on all kits ordered from now until next Friday
    Well that's something at least. Let us know how many people go thru with it. You can get a hundred people posting interest with not one willing to open their wallet.

95 BMW M3 Alpine-
    <GO...JIC Cross Coilovers- UUC RCAB, AKG FCAB, Rogue Engineering TM bushings- AA Gen3 Exhaust- Dinan F&R Strut Bars- Dinan F&R Sway Bars- X-Brace- Mishimoto Rad- BBS RK 17x8"- TRM Chip- Dinan BBTB- DIY CAI- JP Performance Headers- 21.5 injectors- JB Racing Flywheel- Bimmerworld TB boot- 540i MAF><SHOW...OE euro clear exterior lights- Depo w/ HID- Hurricane Alcantara interior- Stereo (Kenwood,Sony,MB Quart,Rockford Fosgate,JL Audio)- Black kidneys- Euro 3 Spoke- ZHP Knob- AutoDim Mirror>

My Cars
    99 M3, 16' x35d, 09 128i
    Quote Originally Posted by CMG View Post
    Well that's something at least. Let us know how many people go thru with it. You can get a hundred people posting interest with not one willing to open their wallet.
    I won't know if anyone pulls the trigger. He's just offering free shipping until next Friday. Probably easier that way. He's busy tuning suspension for the new m4

My Cars
    A few
    Dissapointing.

My Cars
    99 M3, 16' x35d, 09 128i
    Quote Originally Posted by LandR View Post
    Dissapointing.
    Saving on shipping is good enough for me. I'd rather not have them go out of business and their customer service is top notch.

My Cars
    BMW's, Porsche's, Mini's
    Gentleman,

Thank you very much for your interest in our suspensions.

As stated above, we give our best price year round so that you don't have to wait for 'group buys' or 'sales' that may happen. When you price as aggressive as we do with our parts, you cannot discount anymore before you put yourself out of business. Therefore we do not do any group buys. We have been in business for 23 years and have never done a group buy. I hope you all can understand and appreciate this.

We will offer FREE SHIPPING and NO SALES TAX (if applicable) until this Friday, October 3rd!

Please PM me here, send an email, or call the shop to take advantage of this 614 771 1598.

Thank you again for everyone's interest!
    Last edited by TC Kline Racing; 09-29-2014 at 03:24 PM.
    Order here-->www.tcklineracing.com | 'Like' us on Facebook-->http://www.facebook.com/tcklineracing
    Please call or email with questions
    kale@tcklineracing.com

My Cars
    99 M3, 16' x35d, 09 128i
    Ordered my DA's today and they'll be in by Wednesday or Thursday. Thanks TC!

My Cars
    BMW's, Porsche's, Mini's
    Ordered my DA's today and they'll be in by Wednesday or Thursday. Thanks TC!
    You're going to LOVE them! Can't wait for you to try them out!
    Order here-->www.tcklineracing.com | 'Like' us on Facebook-->http://www.facebook.com/tcklineracing
    kale@tcklineracing.com

My Cars
    '95m3(Avus)/996tt/4.8is
    Damnit! Why couldn't bonus time have been this month.

TCK,

I don't think anyone wants a group buy because the part's cost is too high, just that it might bring an otherwise unobtainable item into the realm of obtain-ability!!

You guys are a great support to the community, thanks for everything and I will have a set of your DA's sooner or later to match my camber plates!

My Cars
    1995 M3
    I'll give a big thumbs up to TCKline's support, every question I've had, every concern I've had, they've gone out of their way to help, much more so than most other E36 vendors I've dealt with. (To be fair, GC's support has been excellent also.)

My Cars
    BMW's, Porsche's, Mini's
    **Ok, guys and gals......At this point, we are going to be doing this for the entire month of October!!! This will be a FREE SHIPPING and NO SALES TAX Sale.

2 people from this thread have already taken advantage of the Special, and I have made it so you can order directly from the Website now and it will not charge Shipping or Sales Tax for a Coilover Kit.

Feel free to call for recommendations or questions - 614 771 7744.......

Thanks!
    Last edited by TC Kline Racing; 10-02-2014 at 12:25 PM.
    kale@tcklineracing.com

My Cars
    99 M3 Coupe
    Does the free shipping count for orders placed a month ago that still haven't shipped? Still waiting for the big box on my door with an SA kit ...

My Cars
    99 M3, 16' x35d, 09 128i
    Quote Originally Posted by Br0keMyWallet View Post
    Does the free shipping count for orders placed a month ago that still haven't shipped? Still waiting for the big box on my door with an SA kit ...
    Call them. They'll answer.

My Cars
    BMW's, Porsche's, Mini's
    Quote Originally Posted by Br0keMyWallet View Post
    It's only right and fair that we honor the free shipping for orders that have not left our shipping dock yet. We will credit you the shipping charge once it ships. Please contact me via email and we can sort out the details.

kale@tcklineracing.com

Thanks.
    kale@tcklineracing.com

My Cars
    99 M3 Coupe
    Thanks! Emailed!

My Cars
    BMW's, Porsche's, Mini's
    Quote Originally Posted by postsmart View Post
    Congrats, seems like you really had your mind set on this set, so im happy for you.
    As far as TCK going our of business if they discount their parts any more, let me call BULL on that.
    I worked for the window company that charged 2000 per window thier costumers, and I know for a fact that each window they bought in 250-350 range.
    And if some costumer wanted any discount for any reson, they would raise up a stink, as if they will loose money. But the reason is simple, if they gave some costumers discounts, others will refer to them to get a discount as well.
    Same with TCK, they charge a premium for what seems to be a great product, but if they do 1 group buy, than they will have to do them all the time, and pretty soon, people will start waiting for them, and not buying directly. It just pissed me a little, that they giving us that same sales bull, how they are "agresive" with the price. Could have said simly , we dont do group buys, and dont treat us like dumb sheep.
    Sounds like we need to get into the window business!!

It's a good thing that manufacturing windows and performance suspension are exactly the same </sarcasm>

I can assure you that we are giving the best price possible for the parts that we make.....and the money that is spent to engineer, test, manufacture, house, ship, overhead, etc etc is not cheap.

I'm sorry you feel that way, as TC Kline Racing has never treated anyone like 'dumb sheep' before.

Hopefully someone else can chime in on the reputation of our business and products.

Thanks!
    kale@tcklineracing.com

My Cars
    1995 M3
    Thumbs up to TCK products and service...I've ordered several things from them, have 'tested' their support (pre and post purchase), and am very happy. (Same with a FEW other vendors, but certainly not all.) Try giving one of the heavily-discounted/low-cost places a call and asking to see a shock dyno chart, ask for a shock to be inspected/tested, or ask for recommendations for a particular setup.

Also, how can you bash a company for responding to a request for a group buy (which was just 'are you interested', by the way) by giving anyone a discount (free shipping & no sales tax)?

Every business has it's own business model for success, I'm happy to see TCK's is working.

MauiM3Mania is offline Observer/Master Skeptic Moderator
    My Cars
    88M3 99M3 04M3 ITBx16
    Could have said simly , we dont do group buys, and dont treat us like dumb sheep.
    Did the window company you worked for also provide the delivery and installation? The wholesale/retail difference in cost is what covers the cost of maintaining the company's vehicles, tools, employee pay, FICA, benefits, insurance, employment comp payments and more... all of which is part of making it possible for a business to stay afloat. Most retailers have competition and must price their product/services accordingly, meaning there is a small margin between the actual cost and retail sale price.

Stating that the members are being treated 'like dumb sheep' is out of line and suggests that you are not fully informed.
    04M3 TiAg 69k slick-top 3 pedal
    99M3 Cosmos 61k S50B32 euro 6Spd

88M3 AW 43k miles Project FS

WTB: 3.5" Eurosport/Conforti CAI

My Cars
    '07 Z4MC, '12 128i
    Quote Originally Posted by TC Kline Racing View Post
    Sounds like we need to get into the window business!!

It's a good thing that manufacturing windows and performance suspension are exactly the same </sarcasm>

I can assure you that we are giving the best price possible for the parts that we make.....and the money that is spent to engineer, test, manufacture, house, ship, overhead, etc etc is not cheap.

I'm sorry you feel that way, as TC Kline Racing has never treated anyone like 'dumb sheep' before.

Hopefully someone else can chime in on the reputation of our business and products.

Thanks!
    Thanks to TCK's DAs they helped me win my first Nationals Trophy at SCCA Toledo ProSolo. Not to mentione countless support on setting up a car that rarely no one ever deals with. They know their stuff.

I can go on and on, but I guess me still sporting TCK suspension on my car says enough.

Last edited by M0nK3y; 10-03-2014 at 03:39 PM.

2015 ProSolo STX Class Champion

My Cars
    99 M3, 16' x35d, 09 128i
    Congrats, seems like you really had your mind set on this set, so im happy for you. As far as TCK going our of business if they discount their parts any more, let me call BULL on that. I worked for the window company that charged 2000 per window thier costumers, and I know for a fact that each window they bought in 250-350 range. And if some costumer wanted any discount for any reson, they would raise up a stink, as if they will loose money. But the reason is simple, if they gave some costumers discounts, others will refer to them to get a discount as well. Same with TCK, they charge a premium for what seems to be a great product, but if they do 1 group buy, than they will have to do them all the time, and pretty soon, people will start waiting for them, and not buying directly. It just pissed me a little, that they giving us that same sales bull, how they are "agresive" with the price. Could have said simly , we dont do group buys, and dont treat us like dumb sheep.
    I had my mind made up because all I read and hear are positive things from tc Kline's customers. Look into ast and you'll see some very unhappy customers.

Tc Kline has already helped me with some question regarding my set up and they were there to answer my call.

Can't wait to finish my install

My Cars
    98 M3
    Why would anyone use a WINDOW COMPANY as an example of TC Klines markup on their suspension parts?

- 98 m3, techno/anthrazit cloth, 124k and officially worthless - 89 m3, alpine/black 143k and officially old - 2000 323it, tiag/grey, 169k and officially boring

My Cars
    '07 Z4MC, '12 128i
    Quote Originally Posted by notMpowered View Post
    Why would anyone use a WINDOW COMPANY as an example of TC Klines markup on their suspension parts?
    Buy 3 shocks and get one free?

2015 ProSolo STX Class Champion

My Cars
    97 m3/4/5
    I had my mind made up because all I read and hear are positive things from tc Kline's customers. Look into ast and you'll see some very unhappy customers.

Tc Kline has already helped me with some question regarding my set up and they were there to answer my call.

Can't wait to finish my install
    What suspension setup are you currently using? Please let us know how you like the DAs.

I'm considering a set of SAs.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast