Thread: S2R Tuning Composites sunroof delete panel. Wouldn't buy from again!

My Cars
    Lotsa ///M's

S2R Tuning Composites sunroof delete panel. Wouldn't buy from again!

Contact info:

S2R Tuning Composites
    8101 Orion Ave #7
    Van Nuys, CA 91406
    Email: Sales@S2Rtuning.com
    Alex Zayika
    Ph: 213-880-6897
    Email: Alex@S2Rtuning.com

On Septemeber 5, 2014 I purchased a panel off their website. Got my receipt via email: ( spitfire1940@sbcglobal.net ). I needed the panel by this weekend for a track day with my sunroof cassette in a billion in pieces, I couldn't go back to using it. I was afraid of not getting it in time so on Septemeber 10th I called and spoke to Alex he told me he couldn't get the panel out until early week, I told him that wouldn't work for me since Florida is 5-6 ground shipping from California. He stated he had to call me back. He called me back a few minutes ago and he said he'd get it out earlier and not to worry.

Mind you this is the second panel I've purchased from them so at least a hair of respect for a returning loyal customer right? No didn't work out that way. This morning after noticing I still haven't gotten any package tracking I called Alex at 1 pm. I mentioned my concern and he stated he was just getting in and he'd call me in a minute. An hour goes by and no call so I decided to call again. No answer this time. Finally called again at 4 pm with no answer again.

20 minutes later (4:15 pm EST) I got a call back stating he has the panel in his hand and its ready for shipping. My response "are you kidding me"? He states, "no way to get it to you on time". I ask to cancel my order. Hopefully my refund is quick and painless.

IMHO a company that goes the distance for their customers would have overnighted the item to fulfill the order, or even offer it as an option to a customer. I find it ridiculous that he just left me out hanging out to dry. Ordering an item two full weeks before i need it should have been plenty of time to receive it. Me communicating my concern should have either been met with the information that I am not going to get it then, not two days before. So I could make other arrangements, then burning another business day for me in just relaying I won't get it just put me over the top. I am pissed.

Now I am sure many of you had good experiences with them/him, and I am not being malicious. But this had to be shared. Buy your sunroof delete panels somewhere else. Plain and simple.

Current:
    15' F82 M4 (soulless beast)
    12' e92 M3 (clean daily)
    09' e92 M3 (track whore 3.0)
    06' E46 M3 (ZCP YUM)
    02' e36/8 M coupe
    01' e36/8 M coupe (the chosen)
    99' e36 M3 (spoiled)
    99' e36 M3 (track whore)
    99' e36/5 (chump 2.0)
    95' e36/5 (chump car)
    90' e30 M3 (track whore 2.0)
    88' e30 M3 (Diamondschwartz eurospec)
    88' e30 M3 (broke my wallet)

And a few P-cars nobody on here cars about lol

My Cars
    A few
    We gave up on waiting for Alex to get back to us back in July. Just never followed up with multiple email and calls.

Hope that another vendor fills this gap soon.

My Cars
    TV M3
    Heres where I got mine... Excellent quality
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Carbon-fiber...97d674&vxp=mtr

My Cars
    1988 Alpine White E30 M3
    I purchased a sunroof delete from Alex and had to also follow up a few times via a phone call to get updates. Although it took longer then I expected, I was not in a hurry to get it. In all fairness, when it did arrive, it fit like a glove and looks awesome on the car. If your ok waiting, then this delete is awesome, if you need it quick perhaps look at other options.

Current Stable:
    2016 Cayman GT4
    1995 E36 M3 Dakar Yellow (NASA GTS2)
    1994 E36 325i (AER)
    1988 E30 M3 (Alpine White)

My Cars
    10 335i - 97 328is x2
    Alex also took forever to get me my delete panel, but if anyone had read the thread on here about the panels he makes, they are excellent quality but he is extremely slow. I got my panel something like 2 months after ordering it but it is excellent quality and fit in perfectly.

My Cars
    Lotsa ///M's
    I can careless about the quality. You can have a great product. But if you lie to your customers people shouldn't buy from you. If you actually read the thread, I stated this was my second panel so clearly I was happy with the product the first time.

Secondly, still haven't received my refund, sent him another email today asking when I should be getting my money back.
    Current:
    12' e92 M3 (clean daily)
    06' E46 M3 (ZCP YUM)
    02' e36/8 M coupe
    99' e36 M3 (spoiled)
    99' e36 M3 (track whore)
    99' e36/5 (chump 2.0)
    95' e36/5 (chump car)

My Cars
    10 335i - 97 328is x2
    Quote Originally Posted by Garage5 View Post
    I can careless about the quality. You can have a great product. But if you lie to your customers people shouldn't buy from you. If you actually read the thread, I stated this was my second panel so clearly I was happy with the product the first time.

Secondly, still haven't received my refund, sent him another email today asking when I should be getting my money back.
    I fully read your post but I'm not sure why you are getting upset with me here... I'm echoing your frustration with how slow he is. I also pointed out that it's not a surprise how slow he is or how he will promise it will be ready by such and such a date and it will not be on time. The quality of the product, however, is very good. I had my car sitting outside covered with a tarp for a while in rainy Charleston, SC and had to move it into my garage and leave my nicer car outside while I was waiting on the panel. I was frustrated as well, but not shocked as many people on this forum had warned that he will not be on time.

My Cars
    Lotsa ///M's
    Took over two weeks to get a refund from the seller. How on earth BFC allows this vendor to stay in good standing is beyond me.
    Current:
    12' e92 M3 (clean daily)
    06' E46 M3 (ZCP YUM)
    02' e36/8 M coupe
    99' e36 M3 (spoiled)
    99' e36 M3 (track whore)
    99' e36/5 (chump 2.0)
    95' e36/5 (chump car)

My Cars
    72 + 75 2002's
    Sucks to hear - because their work and products are simply amazing. I think they just need another body for efficiency. When they first started they were blazing fast for custom fiberglass and carbon parts that have razor sharp fitment. These are not just parts sitting around ready to go, because A) demand, and b) if they sat around there's a higher chance of things being damaged.

If you want a top notch product - stick with them, you will just need to actually plan ahead obviously.
    Current_SeeDee 1972 Type 114 Luna 1975 Type 114
    Past___Veronica
    1994 e36 Le-Ah 1987 e30

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3
    I think the issue here isn't the quality OR the wait. OP made it clear that isn't any part of what upset him. It was that he made something very clear to the vendor and the vendor ensured him that his request would be met for an important deadline. If it wasn't possible to meet, a respectable vendor would say so up front. And if the vendor thought they could meet the customer's request initially(highly doubtful given the track record), but later realized they couldn't, letting the customer know immediately would be the right thing to do. OP had to hound the seller to just get the news his request could not be met after being lured into a purchase. Two weeks is also completely unacceptable for a refund.

I will look elsewhere for a panel when/if the time comes. No doubt his product is great though.

My Cars
    06 BMW M6
    what's up guys. I have had the chance to go over to Alex's shop to pick up my carbon sunroof plug. His products are top notch and fit like a glove. something that you guys have to know is that first and foremost is these panels are made in batches they aren't made one by one. they are also hand made by Alex himself he doesn't have any employees for one very important reason and that is to ensure that each panel is made to perfection. I am telling you this because I have seen his work first hand and he isn't in this to get rich he is doing this to help out the community he builds and drives his own car on the track at the local time attack events. this being said he has a full time job and does this on the side so when he isn't working he is fulfilling orders. also he goes by order if you ordered your panel after someone else did you would have to wait your turn these guys are paying customers just like you. so this isn't completely Alex's fault. so don't go blasting something online about how you shouldn't buy from said person just because you had a difficult experience. Each and every one of us are hard working individuals that work our asses of in order to make money and fix up our cars make them better,nicer, faster and so on...so why hurt someone that is trying to help you.

My Cars
    1996 M3, 2016 GMC Canyon
    Yeah I'm going through the same issue. Ordered a composite e36 delete 16 days ago and it still hasn't shipped :c

My Cars
    1997 BMW 328i
    I received mine within 10 days of ordering.great product. Paypal is 3-5 business days for refund. You do that on a thursday you are going to wait. I think if you have read on here most people state it takes 3 weeks. I understand about he told you he could then he didn't but great quality and good customer service when I ordered.
    Never Let A Dream, Remain A Dream!!

My Cars
    2002, 320is, 328is, M3
    When I ordered my panel. I took whatever he had. FG. I told him I had an event coming up and was going to proceed with pulling the cartridge. Piece arrived on time. As the owner of my own small business I know that when the SHTF there are very few available to help deal with it. Understand the situation but I have no issues with the service provided.

My Cars
    E36, E36, E82
    This is a side business for the guy. If you expect it to get turned around in 24 hours then you're ordering from the wrong company/person.

I'll be placing an order from Alex in the next several months after I get a few other things on my project squared away first.

My Cars
    2002, 320is, 328is, M3
    +1

My Cars
    '93 E36 OBD1/M52 swap
    I ordered a delete panel 7 days ago. Nothing yet. I guess I assumed if I'm paying $250 for a slab of fiberglass, prompt shipping was part of the deal. If I wind up waiting 2 months, I'm really going to be pissed. If they're "made to order" or whatever he should probably post that disclaimer on the web site.
    What are you working on? Show us at: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bimmerbuilds