Thread: Opinions about 2015 VW GTI for a daily driver???

My Cars
    1999 M3, 2002 530i Sport

Opinions about 2015 VW GTI for a daily driver???

Hey Guys. I currently own 99 M3 coupe (weekend toy) and 02 530i M-sport 5-speed (daily driver).

I'm thinking of switching my 530i for something little more fun for my daily commute. 530i is an awesome car but just feels a little heavy and rubbery at slow commuting speeds. I'm looking for something more nimble with a quicker, more responsive steering.

New 2015 VW GTI looks very appealing. Has onyone test driven one yet, or better yet, own one?

Any inputs are greatly appreciated.

My Cars
    E30 (Delores), W123
    I'm also interested in this, though my budget will probably call for a regular Golf. They look awesome though, and have been getting great reviews. Your best bet is to check out some magazines/videos from Europe, they've been available over there for months. Looking forward to some comparos of the new Cooper S with the new GTI.

My Cars
    F80 M3, 95 325is
    if you need awd, then you should take a look at the wrx
    Lazy Saturday drive in my E34: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnzvZgPnOos

My Cars
    1999 M3, 2002 530i Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeedsterBek View Post
    if you need awd, then you should take a look at the wrx
    Very true! 2015 WRX is 2nd on my list. Im jusr skeptical about all the engine failures on older WRXs I've been hraring about.

Plus none of my local dealers have 2015 WRX available for a test drive lol

My Cars
    2000 Z3 2.3, 2014 M235i
    A wrx is a more capable car in a lot of ways, faster etc. But just driving around (and I have very limited experience here) I found the golf to be a bit better refined. I haven't been in the newest wrx, but the last gen definitely felt cheap on the inside, cheaper than the gti at least.

Suspension: Bilstein Sports, GC Coilover conversion, IE Subframe Bushings, IE RTABs, M roadster sways, M roadster front control arms, M roadster Front calipers/hubs.
    Engine/Driveline: M54B30 intake Manifold, Dinan CAI, ZHP Cams, Headers, Underdrive pulleys, Conforti Software, 3.46 diff.

My Cars
    2003 325i
    I test drove the GTI and really liked it. I was only interested in a 2-door, and they weren't out yet (are they now?). I also drove a Subaru BRZ and fell in love with it. The interior of the GTI was a bit nicer but I honestly liked the low center of gravity, rear wheel drive and overall handling of the BRZ better. But I'd definitely drive a GTI daily--good looker, drives nice, and nice interior.