Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2014 Singaporean GP @ Marina Bay Street Circuit

My Cars
    TBD
    Yes they do. It was a total surprise to me. A good surprise too considering I don't like Ferrari. Luca left and the team boosts!

The dirty side of the track here is really dirty. So I kinda feel bad for all the even number qualifiers.

7 thousands of a second.... pretty incredible how the teams are so very close here.

Unfortunately no-one is out of place still... I'm hoping for an exciting race.

My Cars
    SR-71 Blackbird
    Well, Ferrari have always been quick but only in practice sessions. Come qualifying round(s), and they are unpredictable. Always ending up somewhere in bottom ten place. Why? What happened to their speed during those practice sessions? Come race, pretty much similar story, but I still praise Alonso for managing to come home in at least top five places no matter what the situation is throughout the race. Can't comment much on Kimi because it isn't his car ... just saying for now. Look at today's qualifying positions, Alonso ended up in fifth place while Kimi in seventh.

Was hoping to watch today's qualifying at work but got real busy and then totally forgot that we have a F1 race this weekend. Damn work, you crazy!

My Cars
    i3 + MV Agusta Brutale
    Quote Originally Posted by auaq View Post
    ...but I still praise Alonso for managing to come home in at least top five places no matter what the situation is throughout the race. Can't comment much on Kimi because it isn't his car ... just saying for now. Look at today's qualifying positions, Alonso ended up in fifth place while Kimi in seventh.
    So you missed the fact that Kimi had to retire to the pits (probably due to the engine issues I mentioned earlier, apparently electrical side) in the middle of Q3 then?
    Last edited by MagneZium; 09-20-2014 at 10:45 PM.
    BMWs are fun in the snow too...

My Cars
    17 X5M, 19 X3, 03 C4S
    Barring a Hamilton retirement today, I'm looking forward to the title chase the rest of this season.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan M3 View Post
    Crime is crime. So what if I have a badge, gun, taser, pepper spray, and a propensity for violating individual's rights?
    2017 X5 ///M
    2019 X3 XDrive 30i
    2003 C4S

My Cars
    TBD
    Interesting race. Not quite exciting since Rosberg's issues but some mean overtaking by the guys with fresher tires = Vergne.

Maldonado should have been given the penalty instead of Vergne.

Title battle @ Suzuka next: It's one of my favorites.

- - - Updated - - -

Just saw this in a replay of Hamilton's pole lap. His lap should not have been counted because his car was outside of the track limits:

Taken from this video at 23 seconds:

What says you?

My Cars
    SR-71 Blackbird
    Yeah, this is one of the reasons why I don't really like this circuit because it is quite a long race and has the propensity to not finish within the official time. Along with that you don't tend to see a whole lot of action after the first few laps and it gets boring, real boring. No one is able to mount a challenge but just follow everybody in close proximity during the mid part of the race. It's usually towards the end where something's going on. In fact, I watched first few laps and then went away not watching. Came back for the final 20 laps or so. Sucks that Rosberg couldn't fix his electronic issues but Hamilton now leads the championship by a few points only. I think this was Seb's first ever podium for this season? If so, then great job from him. There were many questionable drivers that crossed over the white line and yet the Fia didn't catch them. How come? Also, some of the radio messages I thought were not supposed to be conversed yet it did?

- - - Updated - - -

RB - What do you mean by 'title battle' next week at Suzuka?

My Cars
    TBD
    I meant: The next installment in the Title battle (because it's now so close) is Suzuka (2 weeks time). My favorite F1 track.

Edit: it's on my birthday too: for the extra cheese.

My Cars
    i3 + MV Agusta Brutale
    Quote Originally Posted by RidgeBack View Post
    Just saw this in a replay of Hamilton's pole lap. His lap should not have been counted because his car was outside of the track limits:

Taken from this video at 23 seconds:

What says you?
    That's pretty clear. Poor Hamilton has to even deal with people building tracks in the wrong way just to sabotage him!

One of the most boring races ever. Alonso and Kimi f'd by the safety car (one extra pitstop). And in general all Red Bulls, Ferraris and Williams (the only proper race within the race) just struggling with the only strategy they could have played, trying to save and skate around with their s**t tires boringly.

This track sucks, and the tires once again to sucked due to all the variables happening to work that way this time.

----

Oh yes, and since this is the internet: it is certain that Hamilton paid several million to some mechanic to put a bug into Rosberg's software. It is the perfect, untraceable way to do it, the perfect time for it, and it is easily worth it for Hamilton to pay even 10 million € for that because he'll easily recoup that in revenues when champion.
    Last edited by MagneZium; 09-22-2014 at 03:51 AM.
    BMWs are fun in the snow too...

My Cars
    17 X5M, 19 X3, 03 C4S
    Did anyone else hear Jensen's radio transmission near the end of the race? "The Williams is really fast in a straight line!!"
    Crime is crime. So what if I have a badge, gun, taser, pepper spray, and a propensity for violating individual's rights?
    2017 X5 ///M
    2019 X3 XDrive 30i
    2003 C4S

My Cars
    17 X5M, 19 X3, 03 C4S
    If they are going to keep Singapore on the schedule, they really should reduce the number of laps. It seems 45 or so would be adequate unless there is some regulation requiring a minimum number of miles covered.
    2017 X5 ///M
    2019 X3 XDrive 30i
    2003 C4S

My Cars
    SR-71 Blackbird
    The rule is a distance of 305 Km and that's why they around 61 (or 62?) laps at this circuit. You divide 305 by the length of the track to get the number of laps.

Yes, I heard about Jenson's radio about Williams being fast on the straights.

My Cars
    1998 e36
    Boring canyon, And engine noise echoing off the concrete is so dull, they sound like vacuum cleaners now.

My Cars
    2007 335i
    Quote Originally Posted by hakentt View Post
    Boring canyon, And engine noise echoing off the concrete is so dull, they sound like vacuum cleaners now.
    Dude get the hell out of here. You bitch every race and still watch. Nobody gives a damn that you don't like the current formula.

Boring race as usual in Singapore, Rosberg not finishing definitely made the title race more interesting. Ready for Japan it is such a great track.
    2007 BMW 335i: stock for the foreseeable future.
    BFC OT Cook Book 1st Editionhttp://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1035694
    Quote Originally Posted by tmoeller View Post
    it always amazes me the things I see when I don't have a shotgun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson
    How turbochargers work: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster.

My Cars
    1996 Euro E39 528i
    Suzuka was my first F1 race...back in 98...General admission ticket then was 9,800¥...about $100 if I remember .....to sit on a grassy hill (between the Senna "S" and Degner)..Michael stalled on the grid..then mounting an incredable comeback...but he punctured and Mika Hakkinen won his first WDC.
    Please try to make it to Austin if you can....TV doesn't do the race justice...the excitement of the fans, the sounds (well , back in the V10 and V8 days..even 2013 and 2012 was still very loud), the speed, the exhaust backpressure upon decel...the quickness of the paddle shifting is staggering in the flesh..
    My last 2 times to Suzuka - 2012/2013...Turn 1 reserved seat--standby...55,000¥...and the exchange rate was less than 100 to 1...over $600 for a seat in one of the most famous turns in all of motorsport...but that's what we work and save our money for, to spend it on something memorable...
    MP4_5.JPGIMG00250-20131012-1044.jpgIMG_6923.JPGIMG00264-20131013-1156.jpg
    Last edited by EURO E39; 09-25-2014 at 11:24 AM.

My Cars
    ^^The Japanese fans are so awesome, I love how into it they are. I went to Suzuka in 2011, had a blast. Those cars going into T1, Degner, Spoon, 130R, etc is as you say....mind-blowing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12