Thread: Widow needs help in Bucks county PA. (Yardley)

My Cars
    2000 M Roadster

Widow needs help in Bucks county PA. (Yardley)

Friends,

We laid to rest my father-in-law on Saturday. He was a long-time BMW enthusiast. During the funeral procession the clutch on his 1993 525i began to stick to the floor. I was not able to get it to engage and into gear Sunday morning before my flight back to ATL. I am reaching out to anyone who would be willing to stop by her home and take a look at it, and either repair it or let me know what it needs. Financially she is not in a great place, and doesn't have reliable transportation. This is the best functioning car she has. Please PM me if you are able to drive by and have a look. It is also a possibility that this car may come up for sale soon. I bought the car in March of 2013 with 104K and gave it to them in November of 2013. It is black/black and currently has 109K. My interest now for my mother-in-law is to get it functioning, and then make a determination on whether or not to keep it. He was a decent mechanic and could keep it in shape, she cannot. Thanks for reading.

My Cars
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ*)
    Try posting in the regional section. Should get more (local) responses there.

My Cars
    hiss by my window
    It's out of hydraulic fluid.
    6 cylinder e34s share the hydraulic fluid with the brake reservoir. I'm assuming the brakes still work as the clutch lines tap is higher than the minimum level for the brakes. If not leaking from the brakes somewhere the clutch slave is your most likely candidate for failure. It is a simple DIY repair, the part is inexpensive too.
    Meanwhile, re-filling the reservoir and pumping the clutch a zillion times ought to bleed the system well enough to drive the car.

If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue