Thread: Slow ps leak causes damage?

My Cars
    M3 E36, 2007 X3

Slow ps leak causes damage?

I have a slow leak from the ps hose on my 2005 X5 that I just got. It drops just a few drops per day and the plate on the underside is all wet. My mech says it is no big problem right now.

Do I risk damage to other components from a slow ps leak? Suspension components for example.

Thank you

My Cars
    hiss by my window
    Oil dripping straight to the ground is no big issue, just messy BUT it doesn't work that way. Depending on where the leak emanates from it could be fouling your alternator which is costly. Oil on rubber is bad, like belts and hoses. Oil saturated motor mounts always fail and oil blown back into suspension bushings will eventually soften them up to chewing gum.
    Before ignoring your leak check where it is and where that oil is going.

If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

My Cars
    M3 E36, 2007 X3
    [QUOTE=ross1;27932280]Oil dripping straight to the ground is no big issue, just messy BUT it doesn't work that way. Depending on where the leak emanates from it could be fouling your alternator which is costly. Oil on rubber is bad, like belts and hoses. Oil saturated motor mounts always fail and oil blown back into suspension bushings will eventually soften them up to chewing gum.
    Before ignoring your leak check where it is and where that oil is going.[/QUOTE

Thank you, I appreciate your advice.