Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bimmer Magazine: HORRIBLE staff, PR nightmare!

My Cars
    E39 Wagon, E36 M3

Bimmer Magazine: HORRIBLE staff, PR nightmare!

---------
    Last edited by IDBracing; 09-10-2014 at 03:38 PM.

My Cars
    2015 X1 & 2000 M5
    Wow you seem like a dick. After reading this stuff I'd definitely never go to your shop.

My Cars
    E39 Wagon, E36 M3
    That's quite fine by us, as if you don't appreciate the way that we do business we would likely not get along very well!

For the record, I spoke on the phone with Ms. Jouret, and she's given me the indication that she'll do what's necessary to correct anything that was misstated.

Have a good one, folks!

My Cars
    z3
    Wish he didn't delete everything out...

Idk, but I'll also never go to this shop. I think its bad business practice to complain like this even without having had seen the post.

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    E39 Wagon, E36 M3
    I'm absolutely a dickhead, I have no problem admitting that - and when I stated in the above post that if you don't like the way we do business we wouldn't get along well, I wasn't being *quite* as smart-aleckey as you might think.

See, I'm relatively young for a shop owner, and have worked very hard to get to the position that I'm in. The work I perform is second to none, and anyone who's had work done by me will attest to that. If you care to do some researching, you'll find some folks who didn't care for my attitude yet were still pleased with the work done.

Running a business building high-end, performance, and exotic cars is hard enough without having to deal with bullshit and drama from customers. We pride ourselves in being honest, realistic, and straightforward in every aspect. I won't sugarcoat anything, I won't try and play down an issue to get a sale, and I absolutely will not put up with fuckery...ESPECIALLY from someone who isn't a paying customer.

My customers feel more confident in what I'm telling them because they know I won't hold ANYTHING back - this is especially helpful on prepurchase inspections on high-end cars, where I have no problem whatsoever letting the person for whom I'm performing the inspection know 'Hey, this thing is a bucket of shit. Don't buy it.'

I could go on and on...but, at the end of the day, our customers are people who want the absolute highest quality work performed - none of them are here for smooth talk, hugs, or a new best friend. I fully realize that a large percentage of people -and more than likely, the vast majority of forumgoers who are accustomed to their own cliques and don't know me from Adam- are put off by this type of attitude and method of doing business...and I'm fine with that. The most important thing when taking your vehicle somewhere for service is that YOU are happy, and if you're not looking for what I'm selling then you'll be happier going with what you prefer. No worries!

Because, after all, just like I stated in my original post, I'm not here pitching my shop or my business, but trying to share with you folks a dispute between me personally and a magazine which misprinted some information about me and then responded in what I perceived to be an inappropriate manner.

Last edited by IDBracing; 09-10-2014 at 04:18 PM.

My Cars
    z3
    Right. But you don't need to be a jerk to be honest about the condition of someone's car nor do you need to be rude to do top quality work and you don't need to complain about someone who does something you don't like or that you feel misrepresents you. If your work is top notch as you say, it should speak for itself, should it not?

Business nowadays is all about customer satisfaction. If you are making potential customers mad and losing their business before they even bring you any work, you are losing customers, and that is not a good way to run a business. Just my .02, from a business major and business owner...

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS

My Cars
    1991 325i
    Quote Originally Posted by BimmerBreaker View Post
    Right. But you don't need to be a jerk to be honest about the condition of someone's car nor do you need to be rude to do top quality work and you don't need to complain about someone who does something you don't like or that you feel misrepresents you. If your work is top notch as you say, it should speak for itself, should it not?

Business nowadays is all about customer satisfaction. If you are making potential customers mad and losing their business before they even bring you any work, you are losing customers, and that is not a good way to run a business. Just my .02, from a business major and business owner...
    true but let me tell you how annoying the "the customer is always right" trend is in dealers and chain stores. When I worked in an independent shop things were way easier.
    1991 BMW 325i(Current Daily) (S52)
    I have carburetors, and I'm not afraid to use them!
    There are always other fish (engines) in the sea (Craigslist)
    Life is about enjoying the engine you are sitting behind.

My Cars
    E39 Wagon, E36 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by BimmerBreaker View Post

What I was complaining about was a magazine article that was re-worded and gave another shop credit for building the motor in my personal car. I reached out to the magazine and the response that I was initially given came off as very rude and inappropriate - that's what I was complaining about.

Just like I stated before, this thread was not started as a business complaining about a customer, or complaining about ANYTHING - this was about a kid who worked his ass off to somewhat achieve his dreams, only to have a magazine take credit AWAY from him and give it to someone else and then respond in an absolutely horrid way; however, since I brought this out public I was contacted by representatives of said publication and we both came to an agreement and they're taking appropriate measures to correct any mistakes they may have made.

- - - Updated - - -

Another thing, regardless of anything else - if you're going to come on this forum with the intention of picking a shop to take your car to, pick one of the sponsors that's paying to support this forum!

My Cars
    '03 Z4, '85 Subaru Wagon, '87 Suzuki Savage LS650
    Quote Originally Posted by IDBracing View Post
    ...and the response that I was initially given came off as very rude and inappropriate - that's what I was complaining about.
    I gotta wonder how you worded your initial inquiry, based on how you describe yourself here. The world often treats us, based on how we treat the world.
    Not so much a signature as a cry for help.

Hold on, saw this in a cartoon once...think I can pull it off.

My Cars
    '97 540i/A & '97 540i/6
    Doing business is, and always has been, about customer satisfaction. Unfortunately, there are just too many woosie-boys and spoiled drama-girls as a percentage of our population these days that feel entitled to being 'right and satisfied' under unreasonable terms. "I exist, therefore I'm right." I applaud the original poster for knowing who he is and if his work is to the level he claims, he is not hurt by turning away potential customers by telling them exactly the truth, as long as he's civil about it.

My Cars
    2015 X1 & 2000 M5
    Quote Originally Posted by denzee View Post
    Doing business is, and always has been, about customer satisfaction. Unfortunately, there are just too many woosie-boys and spoiled drama-girls as a percentage of our population these days that feel entitled to being 'right and satisfied' under unreasonable terms. "I exist, therefore I'm right." I applaud the original poster for knowing who he is and if his work is to the level he claims, he is not hurt by turning away potential customers by telling them exactly the truth, as long as he's civil about it.
    You must not have seen the email he said he was sending that lady. It called her some things that I can't say on this forum

My Cars
    '80 WBA/'98 WBS/'06 WBA

Quote Originally Posted by e39hamann View Post
    You must not have seen the email he said he was sending that lady. It called her some things that I can't say on this forum
    Just write them, then.

My Cars
    1995 M3, 1985 745i , S13 240sx sr20det
    For those of us that didn't see post, what are the cliffs?

95 BMW M3 Alpine-
    <GO...JIC Cross Coilovers- UUC RCAB, AKG FCAB, Rogue Engineering TM bushings- AA Gen3 Exhaust- Dinan F&R Strut Bars- Dinan F&R Sway Bars- X-Brace- Mishimoto Rad- BBS RK 17x8"- TRM Chip- Dinan BBTB- DIY CAI- JP Performance Headers- 21.5 injectors- JB Racing Flywheel- Bimmerworld TB boot- 540i MAF><SHOW...OE euro clear exterior lights- Depo w/ HID- Hurricane Alcantara interior- Stereo (Kenwood,Sony,MB Quart,Rockford Fosgate,JL Audio)- Black kidneys- Euro 3 Spoke- ZHP Knob- AutoDim Mirror>

My Cars
    Bmw
    Cliffs- IDBracing's maturity level is not where it should be.
    Life is like a car wash and I'm on a bicycle.

My Cars
    E36 M3 , E39 540is
    wonder why it was deleted, couldn't the bad words be censored?
    Last edited by rob22sf; 09-13-2014 at 12:42 AM.
    "Racing is life, anything that happens before or after is just waiting" -Steve McQueen

"Sex is safe & racing is dangerous" -Hans-Joachim Stuck

My Cars
    z3
    Quote Originally Posted by rob22sf View Post
    wonder why it was deleted, couldn't the bad words be censored?
    OP deleted it, not a mod

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS

My Cars
    E36 M3 , E39 540is
    that's odd wonder why he did
    "Racing is life, anything that happens before or after is just waiting" -Steve McQueen

My Cars
    2003 530iA (SOLD)
    Hate it when OP pulls the plug on their original post with an edit/delete. Why don't you guys do the prudent thing and quote it before it's gone so the rest of us can have a chuckle too?
    2003 DINAN 5 | M54B30 | Titanium Gray Metallic | Stage 3 Engine Software | High Flow Throttle Body | Cold Air Intake | Free Flow Exhaust | Performance Automatic Transmission Software | Front Strut Brace | OE 18x9 BBS RS745 Style 42 on 265/35-18 MY BUILD THREAD: [Click]

My Cars
    Bavarian Muscle Car
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudolph320i View Post
    true but let me tell you how annoying the "the customer is always right" trend is in dealers and chain stores. When I worked in an independent shop things were way easier.
    Exactly, if the customer is a dick, tell him to go elsewhere. When I worked at most (all) dealerships you have to bend over and kiss your a-hole goodbye because of CSI scores.
    Vortech V2Ti Rebello Racing M62 4.9L E34. Not a race car, but a fun car.

[IMG][/IMG]

My Cars
    1991 325i
    Quote Originally Posted by BigM62 View Post
    Exactly, if the customer is a dick, tell him to go elsewhere. When I worked at most (all) dealerships you have to bend over and kiss your a-hole goodbye because of CSI scores.
    This is why I hated working at the dealership, especially as a service advisor.
    1991 BMW 325i(Current Daily) (S52)
    I have carburetors, and I'm not afraid to use them!
    There are always other fish (engines) in the sea (Craigslist)
    Life is about enjoying the engine you are sitting behind.

My Cars
    E36 M3 , E39 540is
    oh god CSI...if it wasn't for the fat bonus & your job, CSI scores can kiss my ass! i hate the fact that the general manager can delete up to 10 CSI reports a month...and he would always give it to the sales dept cause they all a bunch of fuck ups, leaving the service dept walking on glass....bullshit

My Cars
    BMW 325i
    If OP really believed in the "righteousness" of whatever he claimed, why did he deleted his post? Obviously he must have realized the rest of the world don't exactly see things as he does and he may have very well incriminated himself. Cowardly move if you asked me, OP. Like a crook trying to hide evidence of his crime. If you really are right as you claim, what have you got to hide, OP?
    Last edited by Tomcat104; 09-22-2014 at 12:17 PM.

My Cars
    E39 Wagon, E36 M3
    The reason I deleted it was because after I posted it here, along with some other places, the publication contacted me and made amends and did what was necessary to correct the problems.
    Last edited by IDBracing; 10-08-2014 at 01:49 PM.

My Cars
    '03 Z4, '85 Subaru Wagon, '87 Suzuki Savage LS650
    ...if I was completely in-the-wrong and just being an unprofessional immature dick about everything - but, who knows
    I think it was a coincidence. After all if something is wrong, it should be corrected, NOT for your sake, but for the person who made the mistake in the first place.
    Not so much a signature as a cry for help.

Hold on, saw this in a cartoon once...think I can pull it off.

My Cars
    1982 323i Baur & 6 more
    The reason I deleted it was because after I posted it here, along with some other places, the publication contacted me and made amends and did what was necessary to correct the problems.

My initial contact with the publication was very professional and civil, which was why I was so appalled with the response I initially received and opted to use the otherwise uncalled-for language and wording that I decided to in my then-response.

I don't think that Bimmer Magazine would have not only fixed the article but featured the car and article on the front page of their website (which is still there today, btw) if I was completely in-the-wrong and just being an unprofessional immature dick about everything - but, who knows

Magazines make mistakes. Bimmer Magazine is no exception. This has happened before with Bimmer, and I, for one, am not surprised that it has been worked out satisfactorily. Jackie Jouret is a stand-up gal. Period.
    Tom
    SE Connecticut
    1982 323i Baur, 1977 320i (carbed),
    1978 320i (parts)
    1991 325ix 5 speed, 1989 325ix (winter),
    1989 325ic (summer)
    1973 2002 Malaga (with frosting)
    1975 Mercedes W115 300D (The Departed)
    the late 1979 323i Euro (project, Now Departed)

Visit my blog: Baurspotting
    http://baurspotting.blogspot.com/

BWR PWR!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast