Thread: Anybody know of a list with bmw connector sizes?

My Cars
    1995 M3, 1985 745i , S13 240sx sr20det

Anybody know of a list with bmw connector sizes?

At some dealerships they have a parts bin that they can construct different harness connectors. If i have the connector they can match it up but if i don't have the connector i dunno of a way to find which ones fit that thing.

95 BMW M3 Alpine-
    <GO...JIC Cross Coilovers- UUC RCAB, AKG FCAB, Rogue Engineering TM bushings- AA Gen3 Exhaust- Dinan F&R Strut Bars- Dinan F&R Sway Bars- X-Brace- Mishimoto Rad- BBS RK 17x8"- TRM Chip- Dinan BBTB- DIY CAI- JP Performance Headers- 21.5 injectors- JB Racing Flywheel- Bimmerworld TB boot- 540i MAF><SHOW...OE euro clear exterior lights- Depo w/ HID- Hurricane Alcantara interior- Stereo (Kenwood,Sony,MB Quart,Rockford Fosgate,JL Audio)- Black kidneys- Euro 3 Spoke- ZHP Knob- AutoDim Mirror>

My Cars
    LS e39, LT e53
    Quote Originally Posted by CMG View Post
    At some dealerships they have a parts bin that they can construct different harness connectors. If i have the connector they can match it up but if i don't have the connector i dunno of a way to find which ones fit that thing.
    Go to the dealer, tell them the application and connector and go from there.. Was that to hard?
    2006 X5 L83 5.3 6l80 swapped in progress
    1999 528i 5.7L 4l60e swapped w/ 31 spline 8.8 cobra diff
    2007 ZX-10r - sold
    1987 R-10 SWB L83 5.3L 6L80e swapped

My Cars
    Yeah it is that hard. They hook me up so i do the work for them to save em time. So if a missing connector is part of the harness where do i find out what kind of connector it is? This is for e30 m3 btw. Don't see it on realoem. Got any info modfox since ur a "bmw technician".
    Last edited by CMG; 09-10-2014 at 06:56 AM.

95 BMW M3 Alpine-
    <GO...JIC Cross Coilovers- UUC RCAB, AKG FCAB, Rogue Engineering TM bushings- AA Gen3 Exhaust- Dinan F&R Strut Bars- Dinan F&R Sway Bars- X-Brace- Mishimoto Rad- BBS RK 17x8"- TRM Chip- Dinan BBTB- DIY CAI- JP Performance Headers- 21.5 injectors- JB Racing Flywheel- Bimmerworld TB boot- 540i MAF><SHOW...OE euro clear exterior lights- Depo w/ HID- Hurricane Alcantara interior- Stereo (Kenwood,Sony,MB Quart,Rockford Fosgate,JL Audio)- Black kidneys- Euro 3 Spoke- ZHP Knob- AutoDim Mirror>

My Cars
    swift

Rug distribution

Rug distribution
    Hey there,,
    I want to say you something like you posting an outstanding blog..here i see a very attractive information in this forum.. i read this forum very carefully . you giving us an origional information .. i am so crazy about that type of information..thanks for sharing with us this great and unique forum... very nice.. i want to tell you an important thing is we have a great website like: http://www.unitexint.com..i think you saying after visit on this site that, this is a absolutely right site for making any type of rugs which you have purchased..we are so lucky if you visit on our site .. its beautiful way to say thanking you so much......

My Cars
    E36 M3 , E39 540is
    I vaguely remember a list in a old copy of TIS I have no idea where my copy is.

can't you use another connector ? just cut and splice? but you said its a E30 M3 I could totally understand why you would wanna keep it original. I have access to tons of online wholesale E Catalogs for mostly all European manufacturers i could try and match it up, you got a pix?
    "Racing is life, anything that happens before or after is just waiting" -Steve McQueen

"Sex is safe & racing is dangerous" -Hans-Joachim Stuck

My Cars
    1996 BMW 750il
    Without having the trays of connectors that the dealer has, I would say the next best thing might be a salvage yard. Snip off the connector end that you need and re-use the terminal from it. I know they aren't designed to be re-used (because you have to un-crimp it) but it can be done, I've done it. It's not easy, but if you are experienced in connector replacement, you should be able to do it.
    Last edited by 1fatcat; 09-13-2014 at 11:20 AM.

My Cars
    I went to my dealership today and the parts manager showed me what they have. They had a cool multi drawer case with all kinds of connectors and basically everything for a wire harness. And there was a book too that actually was a list of all the different connectors and their part numbers. I might see if he'll let me scan it.

95 BMW M3 Alpine-

My Cars
    1996 BMW 750il
    Quote Originally Posted by CMG View Post
    I might see if he'll let me scan it.
    It doesn't matter if he lets you scan it or not. You need to know where to get them from...in bulk quantities.

I've worked for three different dealers over the years and all had the trays of terminals. You need to find the supplier of the terminals and see if they will sell to you in smaller quantities.

My Cars
    Why would i do that? I can use the connectors that are in stock and just order any additional connectors or wiring i need. In addition there are some used woring harnesses i can strip too.

95 BMW M3 Alpine-

My Cars
    1996 BMW 750il
    LOL, yeah I suppose you aren't looking for them in bulk. Not sure what I was thinking there. Just get em from your dealer as needed.

My Cars
    Got all the parts i need just gonna take some time to put em together it's just one of many projects atm.

95 BMW M3 Alpine-