Thread: e36 m3 SMG.. Some questions.

My Cars
    2001 Bmw 520d

e36 m3 SMG.. Some questions.

Hi. Ive just bought a m3 3.2 with the SMG... And after reading abit on the forum im starting to be afraid that i may have some problems with it..
    When i start the car. I turn the key, then i put the shifter in 0 and held the brake, then ill have to wait for maybe 20 secs for it to be ready to start. And sometimes i have to wait for almost a minute. Because i have to turn the ignition off and on again. Should it be like this? Is there a spesific procedure of what to do when starting the car up?

And while driving and shifting up. It kinda slips a bit. Like if you go on the throttle again before youve fully released the clutch pedal on a manual transmission..
    Should it be like this? This is when driving in AT mode and manual mode.

Sorry for my bad english, im norwegian

My Cars
    2001 Bmw 520d
    Noone who has SMG on the forum :P ?

My Cars
    z3
    This is predominantly a US forum, US-based, and we never got SMG's in the E36 M3 over here. I'm also not aware of a single person who has imported one, namely because of the fact they are notoriously unreliable.

So it is very possible that nobody on this forum has an SMG.

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    '03 Z4, '06 Forester
    Shoot this guy a message ... if there's one person that knows a euro M3 with an SMG trans, it's this guy. http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...0692-MParallel