Thread: Recommended fuel pump?

My Cars
    1995 BMW 740il

Recommended fuel pump?

Having to replace the fuel pump in my e38 and ran across the airtek brand. Is this any good? What would you recommend otherwise?

My Cars
    E36 M3 , E39 540is
    Airtex is expensive… might as well spend $50 bucks more and go with the OE suppler Siemens/VDO
    "Racing is life, anything that happens before or after is just waiting" -Steve McQueen

"Sex is safe & racing is dangerous" -Hans-Joachim Stuck

My Cars
    1995 BMW 740il
    Quote Originally Posted by rob22sf View Post
    Airtex is expensive… might as well spend $50 bucks more and go with the OE suppler Siemens/VDO
    Anything cheaper then that's good?

My Cars
    z3
    With stuff like this its best to stick with OEM, aftermarket may be cheaper, but its not cheaper over time since you end up replacing aftermarket junk more often.

"I want it cheaper" is never a great mentality with used BMWs

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    1995 BMW 740il
    Quote Originally Posted by BimmerBreaker View Post
    With stuff like this its best to stick with OEM, aftermarket may be cheaper, but its not cheaper over time since you end up replacing aftermarket junk more often.

"I want it cheaper" is never a great mentality with used BMWs
    Alright ha thanks!

My Cars
    E36 M3 , E39 540is
    Quote Originally Posted by Trentklein View Post

Anything cheaper then that's good?
    no, I agree with what bimmerbreaker said, hence why I suggested Siemens VDO they are the OE suppler for the majority of BMW models
    Last edited by rob22sf; 09-05-2014 at 02:08 PM.
    "Racing is life, anything that happens before or after is just waiting" -Steve McQueen

"Sex is safe & racing is dangerous" -Hans-Joachim Stuck

My Cars
    '03 Z4, '06 Forester
    I bought a Airtex from Autozone for my last e36 and it pretty much started crapping out a week later ... it definitely wasn't holding residual pressure like the OEM ... always with the long starts. Bought it because I needed the car for work, but eventually I ended up replacing it with a OEM VDO/Siemens that was half the money (and had the level sender attached to it) online at bmaparts.com

I ended up returning the Airtex to Autozone thanks to their generous return policy ... I felt bad returning it after a month but really it had a 12 month warranty and was already crapping out so ...

My Cars
    1995 BMW 740il
    Quote Originally Posted by slocar View Post
    I bought a Airtex from Autozone for my last e36 and it pretty much started crapping out a week later ... it definitely wasn't holding residual pressure like the OEM ... always with the long starts. Bought it because I needed the car for work, but eventually I ended up replacing it with a OEM VDO/Siemens that was half the money (and had the level sender attached to it) online at bmaparts.com

I ended up returning the Airtex to Autozone thanks to their generous return policy ... I felt bad returning it after a month but really it had a 12 month warranty and was already crapping out so ...
    Okay thanks! I will be getting an OEM one from that site you have me.