Thread: What do you think of this deal for a new 2014 335i ?

My Cars
    2011 335i 4dr sedan

What do you think of this deal for a new 2014 335i ?

what is a fair price? $60,830 msrp and dealer offered discount is $5,233, or $55,600 net ---- what is a fair bottom line?

2014 BMW 335i Sedan
    Glacier Silver Metallic
    Black Dakota Leather
    M Sport
    Driver Assistance Pkg
    Premium Pkg
    Technology Pkg
    Sport Auto Trans
    A/T Alarm
    Univ G/D Opener
    Moonroof
    A/D mirrors+A/D RV mirror
    Power front seats
    Heated front seats
    Split fold down rear seat
    Storage pkg
    Xenon Headlights
    Auto Climate Control
    Ambiance Lighting
    Harmon Kardon surround sound
    BMW assist & teleservices
    Stainless Steel pedals
    BMW electronic steering wheel
    Front splitter-body color
    Lower blades Mark rokr panel black
    Rear defuser painted body col
    Mark Performance Side Sill decals
    Delivery charge

My Cars
    E36 M3
    Invoice on that car is approx $54750 with the current $1750 in rebates BMW is offering. 2015 3 Series just landed on lots so the dealer should be willing to cut you a smokin deal on a car in stock that needs to move. I would offer to pay invoice on the car because they need to move it off their lot. $55,600 isn't a bad deal, but you can do a little better. Hope that helps.

My Cars
    2011 335i 4dr sedan
    Quote Originally Posted by timsev View Post
    Invoice on that car is approx $54750 with the current $1750 in rebates BMW is offering. 2015 3 Series just landed on lots so the dealer should be willing to cut you a smokin deal on a car in stock that needs to move. I would offer to pay invoice on the car because they need to move it off their lot. $55,600 isn't a bad deal, but you can do a little better. Hope that helps.
    Thank you - very helpful.

My Cars
    LS e39, LT e53
    They have what you want... Supply and demand. If you demand better roll the dice and try your luck elsewhere. Good luck
    2006 X5 L83 5.3 6l80 swapped in progress
    1999 528i 5.7L 4l60e swapped w/ 31 spline 8.8 cobra diff
    2007 ZX-10r - sold
    1987 R-10 SWB L83 5.3L 6L80e swapped

My Cars
    2009 BMW 135i
    I understand everyone wants the absolute best deal they can get but the dealer has to make money also. A little less haggling and possibly a few extra bucks buys a lot of good will at many dealerships, they may make a deal at rock bottom price but they won't necessarily do you any favors down the road.

My Cars
    z3
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristopherG View Post
    I understand everyone wants the absolute best deal they can get but the dealer has to make money also.
    Dealers make most of their money from the service department, the sales department is always reimbursed with tons of manufacturer kickbacks based on units sold and etc. Even if they sell a car for less than what they paid for it, they still make money on the deal. Thats how car dealerships work. There is essentially no point in humanizing them to the point of "they need to make money too"

I've never heard an issue of someone who got a good deal on a car having an issue down the road. Its not like they are going to revoke your warranty or refuse to wash your car when it comes in because they got a good deal. Because again, most of the money comes from the service department, and they don't care how much you paid for the car.

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    2009 BMW 135i
    My view of dealing with retail customers may not directly apply to the car business. In the businesses I worked at we always took care of our best customers a little better than those that chased the absolute bottom line.

Those that were a little less cost conscious up front got a little more consideration when it came to gray areas of policies. It was the difference between going out of our way for our preferred customers and doing the bare minimum for everyone else.

My Cars
    1984 318i m52 turbo
    Offer to pay invoice, but tip the salesman since he'll be getting a mini on the deal most likely. That'll get him to jump through hoops for you down the road if you ever need a favor or any issues come up. Trust me. A $100 tip goes a very long way.

My Cars
    1995 M3, 1985 745i , S13 240sx sr20det
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcheezle19 View Post
    Offer to pay invoice, but tip the salesman since he'll be getting a mini on the deal most likely. That'll get him to jump through hoops for you down the road if you ever need a favor or any issues come up. Trust me. A $100 tip goes a very long way.
    How do you tip the salesman before the sale. "Gimme this car at invoice and there's a benny in it for you". Wink wink nudge nudge.

95 BMW M3 Alpine-
    <GO...JIC Cross Coilovers- UUC RCAB, AKG FCAB, Rogue Engineering TM bushings- AA Gen3 Exhaust- Dinan F&R Strut Bars- Dinan F&R Sway Bars- X-Brace- Mishimoto Rad- BBS RK 17x8"- TRM Chip- Dinan BBTB- DIY CAI- JP Performance Headers- 21.5 injectors- JB Racing Flywheel- Bimmerworld TB boot- 540i MAF><SHOW...OE euro clear exterior lights- Depo w/ HID- Hurricane Alcantara interior- Stereo (Kenwood,Sony,MB Quart,Rockford Fosgate,JL Audio)- Black kidneys- Euro 3 Spoke- ZHP Knob- AutoDim Mirror>

My Cars
    z3
    Salesman have nothing to do for you if down the road "issues come up" ...service and sales are two separate departments. After having had worked in a dealership I find the "pay more get better service" argument very silly.

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS

My Cars
    F80 M3, 95 325is
    You should be able to get a better deal than than since it's a 2014. Or order a new one and do european delivery and save even more.

Another option would be wait till next summer when the F30 LCI comes out
    Lazy Saturday drive in my E34: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnzvZgPnOos

My Cars
    2003 325i
    I understand everyone wants the absolute best deal they can get but the dealer has to make money also. A little less haggling and possibly a few extra bucks buys a lot of good will at many dealerships, they may make a deal at rock bottom price but they won't necessarily do you any favors down the road.
    LMAO. What 'favors' are they going to do you down the road if you pay more for the car? Do they keep a chart up in the service area that they use for corresponding discounts? Give me a break!

My Cars
    z3
    Quote Originally Posted by Colo Springs E View Post
    LMAO. What 'favors' are they going to do you down the road if you pay more for the car? Do they keep a chart up in the service area that they use for corresponding discounts? Give me a break!
    Some people here seem to really believe that...

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS

My Cars
    2009 BMW 135i
    If you wan't to believe that the person that tries to save every penny possible on everything bought at the dealer gets the same treatment as the person that doesn't whine about price at every turn that's up to you.

And yes I do believe regular loyal customers get better service. If you disagree thats fine.

My Cars
    E36 M3
    If you wan't to believe that the person that tries to save every penny possible on everything bought at the dealer gets the same treatment as the person that doesn't whine about price at every turn that's up to you.

And yes I do believe regular loyal customers get better service. If you disagree thats fine.
    Yes you are correct. We generally know the customers that are pleasant and the ones who are a pain in the ass. We provide everyone fair service, but when a special favor is needed, the customers who want everything for free are the ones that don't get help. I have some really good customers that get house calls, after hours service, special unadvertised deals, and sometimes just nice things for free that we can throw in. Some people value that relationship with the dealer, some do not. I know of many people that will travel around from dealer to dealer just looking to skim every last dollar out of every transaction and those people develop a reputation at area dealers. Those people end up hating the dealers because no one will help them when needed.

Again, you should fight for a good deal, but consider how much you value service too.

My Cars
    2003 325i
    My advice, try to work that dealership for every last dime you can--because you can REST ASSURED they will be doing the same to you.

Are they looking out for your best interests? Think they'll try to talk you into that 2 series instead of the 4 series because they think it's more within your budget?

LMAO, some of you guys live in a dream world.

My Cars
    LS e39, LT e53
    So.. If they have the car you want get it..
    If the seal isn't right try somewhere else.. Whats the problem.. Are you trying to find the magical BMW term that will humble the salesman into submission??
    2006 X5 L83 5.3 6l80 swapped in progress
    1999 528i 5.7L 4l60e swapped w/ 31 spline 8.8 cobra diff
    2007 ZX-10r - sold
    1987 R-10 SWB L83 5.3L 6L80e swapped

My Cars
    2014 BMW 335i xDrive
    I bought a similar car just about 5 months back. That's a good deal, don't be afraid to jump on it.