Thread: BMW Employee? What do you drive.

My Cars
    07 GTI

BMW Employee? What do you drive.

So I hear that BMW dealership and corporate employees get ridiculous lease deals.. something like half of what everyone else pays.

Which made me wonder, how many employees take advantage of it? how many of you are driving M cars? If not, what are you driving?

My Cars
    E36 M3
    BMW Dealer employees get Center Employee Lease specials. BMW gives you a certain allowance, sort of like a rebate, that can be applied to the price of the car. Some models are better than others. I have a loaded M235i that is about the same lease payment as a Corolla

My next car will be an M3 because the employee rebate on those is rediculous.

My Cars
    07 GTI
    Quote Originally Posted by timsev View Post
    BMW Dealer employees get Center Employee Lease specials. BMW gives you a certain allowance, sort of like a rebate, that can be applied to the price of the car. Some models are better than others. I have a loaded M235i that is about the same lease payment as a Corolla

My next car will be an M3 because the employee rebate on those is rediculous.
    Thats less than half!!!! Are you allowed to buy it out once the lease is over?

My Cars
    E36 M3
    Yes, I can buy it at the end but the residual value is based on MSRP.

My Cars
    '03 Z4, '85 Subaru Wagon, '87 Suzuki Savage LS650
    I once applied for a job at a Ford dealership and they told me they required their employees to drive a Ford to work, but they paid for the entire lease cost. Of course, if you wanted something really nice, they probably cut deals like half or something.
    Not so much a signature as a cry for help.

Hold on, saw this in a cartoon once...think I can pull it off.

My Cars
    LS e39, LT e53
    Chevy ls1 powered e39, zx-10r on nicer days and an 87 silverado when neither of the other 2 seem right
    2006 X5 L83 5.3 6l80 swapped in progress
    1999 528i 5.7L 4l60e swapped w/ 31 spline 8.8 cobra diff
    2007 ZX-10r - sold
    1987 R-10 SWB L83 5.3L 6L80e swapped

My Cars
    2005 325Xi
    '05 325xi. 175k miles.

Lease deals don't work for employees that live 47 miles from work.
    Quote Originally Posted by B4SH View Post
    If anyone knows, it's this guy who knows literally nothing about everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by fcvapor05 View Post
    Do you even OT? The mean 401k around here is probably about $6, what with all the shiny cars and $1,000 watches and donations to get other members' Volvos running.

My Cars
    '15 I01Rex , '11F25
    '01 e39 540/6 spd, 171k, '06 e83 3.0 101k. Our center hasn't offered us the lease specials although we've asked.

My Cars
    07 GTI
    So I actually just took a position at a BMW dealer here; in the interview they were like "in 3 months you'll probably drive a new BMW."

My Cars
    1984 318i m52 turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by montaillou View Post
    I once applied for a job at a Ford dealership and they told me they required their employees to drive a Ford to work, but they paid for the entire lease cost. Of course, if you wanted something really nice, they probably cut deals like half or something.
    I work for Ford and while they don't pay for my lease, I got my focus lease for 120 a month so not too shabby. Been lagging on making the jump to BMW so I can get myself an M235i or M2 =)

downeaster1 is offline Expert De-Vanos-er BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    135is #502 of 586
    I'm a tech, and I have a 135is. Great car, and I love it to death, but my lease is up in two months, so I'll probably be signing for an M5. Mostly because we have a 14's they are still trying to get rid of.

My Cars
    1999 M3 , 1999 328is
    The people at my local BMW dealer drive all sorts of random stuff from new BMWs to old ones. One of them drives a beat to death e30 convertible, another drive a pristine e32 740il and another a black e38 740i. Others seem to drive trucks, Jeeps, and other generally used old crap. My local dealer also sells VW, Subaru, and until recently Kia so employees could probably get deals on those as well.
    Current fleet:
    1999 BMW e36 M3
    1999 BMW e36 328is with rotary valve engine head
    1999 Oldsmobile Eighty Eight
    1990 Jeep Comanche Eliminator
    1962 Austin Healey Sprite

My Cars
    2013 135i, 1994 Jeep XJ
    It depends a lot on supply and demand at the time. I pay $349 a month for my 135i. Not bad, but not ridiculously good either. A few years ago they were leasing E85 Z4 for < $300 a month. There were pretty good deals on X1s recently also.

My Cars
    Mustang
    I also have a question. I was just hired on at German Motors Collision in San Francisco. When I spoke with them they identified themselves as BMW. But I wonder if this still qualifys for employee discounts the same as it would at a BMW dealership.
    Does anyone have any information on this? Is anyone currently working at German Motors Collision?

Any help would be appreciated.

My Cars
    z3
    I can't imagine a body shop would get BMW lease specials. They may specialize in BMWs or German cars or work closely with the local BMW dealer, but unless your check is from BMW I can't imagine you'd qualify for any sort of lease deal...

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!