Thread: skid plate

My Cars
    96 e38, 97 e39, 02 e53

skid plate

Does anyone have a source for this? There's somebody making reps but I've been told the turn around time is awful.

Any suggestions on an alternative add on to put in place in case I can't find the one I want?

ForumRunner_20140902_151310.png

My Cars
    2003 X5 5-speed
    Its no longer made, that is why we are getting replica's made on the outpost.

Other option is to put 4.6iS front spoiler on ($430 + paint) but your X will look silly without matching rear spoiler (#500 plus paint)

My Cars
    96 e38, 97 e39, 02 e53
    Quote Originally Posted by ricky bobby View Post
    Its no longer made, that is why we are getting replica's made on the outpost.

Other option is to put 4.6iS front spoiler on ($430 + paint) but your X will look silly without matching rear spoiler (#500 plus paint)
    if i like, it, i'd do it. im gona look up some pix to see if i like it.

i like the front and think i may do it if i cant find the skid plate.
    Last edited by Slimm; 09-02-2014 at 05:52 PM.

My Cars
    2003 X5 5-speed
    You'll be searching for a while. The last one in North America was sold over a year ago. None in Canada or European markets as well. Trust me I did the search end of last year.

If you don't want to get in on the replica plate buy then go for the 4.6iS kit

My Cars
    96 e38, 97 e39, 02 e53
    Quote Originally Posted by ricky bobby View Post
    You'll be searching for a while. The last one in North America was sold over a year ago. None in Canada or European markets as well. Trust me I did the search end of last year.

If you don't want to get in on the replica plate buy then go for the 4.6iS kit
    I would take the rep but some are saying that orders from earlier this year...like around match...still haven't been fulfilled. Do you know if there is any truth behind that?

My Cars
    89 325is, 03 A4 1.8T
    There is a running thread on another forum for the skid plates. It looks like no one has received theirs yet

My Cars
    96 e38, 97 e39, 02 e53
    Quote Originally Posted by e30jock View Post
    There is a running thread on another forum for the skid plates. It looks like no one has received theirs yet
    Yea, from back in one of the m months. I don't really want to wait that long. I may just go another route

My Cars
    2003 X5 5-speed
    Quote Originally Posted by Slimm View Post
    I would take the rep but some are saying that orders from earlier this year...like around match...still haven't been fulfilled. Do you know if there is any truth behind that?

Yes, I'm on the group buy list and no orders have been fulfilled yet. I'm a little PO'ed about it but what can I do. The guy making them is a true stand up reputation on M5Board and E39 forums, so I doubt he would pick our group to start screwing over.