Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Battery drain

My Cars
    1997 bmw 840ci
    I have had hell with my 840 having the same problems. I replaced both batteries, the gm, the consumer cutt off relays, ect. I finally gave up and installed a battery cutoff(kill) switch in the trunk. Hooked up both battery grounds to it and switch it off when the car is not in use.... Problem solved!

Plus my car can't get stolen, because only another e31 owner would know how to get into the trunk. HAHAHA

My Cars
    1994 850csi rhd
    Just thought I'd close this off. I found that my GSM tracker was using enough current to flatten the batteries after about 4 weeks of not driving the car. I then had another problem with the batteries developing a fault after being left drained for a few weeks. After replacing the batteries and removing the tracker I have no problems. Each battery would charge when removed from the car. I left them to sit in the garage with nothing connected and checked the voltage each day, gradually they dropped to around 10 volts.

My Cars
    97 850CI
    I just keep mine plugged in. Basically the sexiest hybrid ever. :-)

My Cars
    not enough
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorpatterson View Post
    Are your throttle bodies continuing to spin after engine shut down?

http://workshop-manuals.com/bmw/8_se...)_with_ews_ii/

Need these two parts:

I think it was like $50 bucks for both the kit and the new relay.

This will prevent the throttle bodies from staying in a spinning state after engine shutdown, and save your batteries!
    Interesting, this is the first time I read about this. Is this an S70 issue only? Or S70/M70?

In a car that is having this issue, how long do the DK's stay humming after engine shut down/key out?
    CB42366 - 1991 850i 6-speed. Brilliantrot & Black Nappa Leather
    CD00144 - 1994 850CSi. Hellrot & Black Nappa Leather

My other projects:
    Supercharged Tbirds, V8 Tbirds, V8 Mustang Convertible, Audi V8 Quattro & Audi S8

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12