Thread: BMW Alarm Systems - PLEASE HELP - being robbed twice!

My Cars
    BMW 530d Touring

BMW Alarm Systems - PLEASE HELP - being robbed twice!

Dear all,

if this has been posted in the wrong place - Admin please move. it is my first post/thread, sorry if misplaced.

I own BMW 530d Touring 2010 (e61), with navigation professional and automatic gear.

My car has been robbed beginning of July 2014 and following items had been stolen:
    - navigation screen
    - I-Drive
    - Air conditioning controller
    - Radio
    - Gear shift

I had repaired the car at BMW Service (it took 6 weeks) and i had received car back on mid of August 2014.

Just today morning (1st of September) i have discovered that my car is robbed again and same items had been stolen.

I leave in quiet and safe place in Brussels, however according to Police and BMW Service Brussels there are plenty of such cases happening every day. BMW Brussels has about 10 such cases every week, hence waiting time for repair is up to 2 months!! Basically Police says that such specialized stealing group is working in Brussels since 1 year, and apparantly my car is on their "Shopping List", so they will come definately again.

How to they break into the car? they break small back window (triangle one), and somehow open closed door.
    Their advice is to:
    - have a garage
    - have an alarm sytem

For the moment i do not have any alarm system, but i am looking for some advices from your side as to what (except the garage) could prevent next such incident occuring once i repaired my car.
    Simply i am looking for a best preventing (noise?) system that would not protect car being stolen (they are intrested simply in stealing GPS, radio, and i-drive), but items which are inside as mentioned above.

Many thanks for any advices.

Best regards,
    Greg

My Cars
    LS e39, LT e53
    No alarm is going to stop a thief.. It's smash and grab and all of those things takes about 5 minutes total to remove. Garage it or sell it a get something else.
    2006 X5 L83 5.3 6l80 swapped in progress
    1999 528i 5.7L 4l60e swapped w/ 31 spline 8.8 cobra diff
    2007 ZX-10r - sold
    1987 R-10 SWB L83 5.3L 6L80e swapped

My Cars
    F80 M3, 95 325is
    Alarm won't do anything if someone is pulling parts off your car. Your best option would be to find a secure parking garage or get a different car that is not desirable for thieves
    Lazy Saturday drive in my E34: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnzvZgPnOos

My Cars
    BMW 530d Touring

Still considering an alarm

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedsterBek View Post
    Alarm won't do anything if someone is pulling parts off your car. Your best option would be to find a secure parking garage or get a different car that is not desirable for thieves
    First of thanks for the reply.

Frankly, I am considering selling a car, but before going this path, I wanted to make sure there arent any other options.

For instance Police told me that just today they saw 6 cars which were robbed like mine, but 2 of them had an alarm. So, they broke a window, alarm started and they run away.
    As it seems they would be afraid sitting in car that makes lots of noise for 5 minutes in small street which is about 4 meters wide (narrow 1 way street) and next to it are buildings.

Hence, as I have not much choice, appreciate your input on good alarm systems. I am also looking for a garage - as i consider this best option, but it is very difficult to find one ( in fact i am owning one but it is too small for BMW 5 Touring).

thanks again guys,
    BR Greg.

My Cars
    LS e39, LT e53
    When an alarm goes off.. How many people stop and look outside, how many go outside, and how many ignore them. Alarms are nice, give you piece if mind but doesn't stop some.. They make security tint.. It's rather thick and might affect the anti trap but YouTube it.
    2006 X5 L83 5.3 6l80 swapped in progress
    1999 528i 5.7L 4l60e swapped w/ 31 spline 8.8 cobra diff
    2007 ZX-10r - sold
    1987 R-10 SWB L83 5.3L 6L80e swapped

My Cars
    F80 M3, 95 325is
    Well, you can have someone install a 2-way alarm (like Viper brand). It's worth a try. You need a 2-way car alarm so that when someone tries to break in to your car, your remote will beep if you're within the range

Also, if it is possible, get a security cameras installed so that it points to where your car is parked at night. It might help catch thieves.
    Lazy Saturday drive in my E34: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnzvZgPnOos

My Cars
    '03 Z4, '85 Subaru Wagon, '87 Suzuki Savage LS650
    I had an idea that could help, but a quick search on google makes me think such a thing doesn't exist.

A cut-resistant, lockable car cover.

In any case, a car cover may slow them down along with an alarm. Of course they may just cut the cover, or they may not, it might slow them down and jiggling the cover might set the alarm off.
    Not so much a signature as a cry for help.

Hold on, saw this in a cartoon once...think I can pull it off.