eBMWParts

Thread: Good Shock/Strut and Spring Combo for E46 M3?

My Cars
    2002 M3

Good Shock/Strut and Spring Combo for E46 M3?

Hey everyone,

Just bought my ///M a few months ago and finally saved up enough money for some more modifications. I've never done any suspension mods to my previous cars and I was thinking about putting a shock/spring combo on my M. I'd like it to be lower(obviously) but not slammed. Ideal situation would be Koni with H&R's or Eibachs, but I just can't afford that right now. I've heard some good reviews from Vogtland Springs, so I've been checking those out--however, I can't seem to find a decent set of shocks/struts other than Koni. Maybe I'm just looking at the wrong vendors but if anyone has some input I'd love to hear it! I'm still young and inexperienced but at least I'm not one of those guys who puts Tein S Springs on my stock struts

Appreciate the help!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by UCDingo7 View Post
    Hey everyone,

Just bought my ///M a few months ago and finally saved up enough money for some more modifications. I've never done any suspension mods to my previous cars and I was thinking about putting a shock/spring combo on my M. I'd like it to be lower(obviously) but not slammed. Ideal situation would be Koni with H&R's or Eibachs, but I just can't afford that right now. I've heard some good reviews from Vogtland Springs, so I've been checking those out--however, I can't seem to find a decent set of shocks/struts other than Koni. Maybe I'm just looking at the wrong vendors but if anyone has some input I'd love to hear it! I'm still young and inexperienced but at least I'm not one of those guys who puts Tein S Springs on my stock struts

Appreciate the help!
    Or would BC Racing Coils do the job better than let's say, Koni Yellows with Vogtland Springs?

My Cars
    99 328is, 84 M54 E30
    Save for a cooling system overhaul and rod bearings and a valve adjustment and ball joints and bushings and the SMG failing.

Ever the optimist this morning I am.

But yeah, Koni yellow/sports + H&R is the way to go for a nice setup without breaking the bank.
    PM me for info on properly working AC and CEL for your S54 or M54 swapped car.

GGray is offline Did someone say racetrack BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    A few BMW's...
    We sell a a lot of the ISC coilovers $950.00. I have them on my wagon I track they work well, have a good warranty-we have not had a damper fail yet. And ride decent.

Maintenance items I might hit as mentioned above first unless the Previous owner did them already.
    Gary Gray

If you can take it apart you can make it faster!