Thread: how to modify Raceland Ultimos for 1995 M3???

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3 Coupe

how to modify Raceland Ultimos for 1995 M3???

I already know everyone's gonna say "don't go the raceland route" but money's tight and my suspension is shot!! Anybody have a thread, or can give me the steps to modify the ultimo coil overs to make them compatible for my 95 m3 coupe!! Thanks!

My Cars
    '11 328xiT/6, '99 M3
    Can't answer but have you looked at used stuff? New Konis at the sale were around $500, you can reuse your stock springs. If they're somehow shot I'm sure there are lots of mint used takeoffs. What are you going to do about mounts? Will you be reinforcing?

Cheap stuff always costs the most.
    -Denton

My Cars
    LS e39, LT e53
    If money's tight don't spend what you have on something you know will give you problems? Or go the route you are set on and then later make a thread " don't buy ....."
    2006 X5 L83 5.3 6l80 swapped in progress
    1999 528i 5.7L 4l60e swapped w/ 31 spline 8.8 cobra diff
    2007 ZX-10r - sold
    1987 R-10 SWB L83 5.3L 6L80e swapped

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3 Coupe
    Would the bilstein kit from a 98 work in my 95???

My Cars
    E36 M3 , E39 540is
    pm sent
    "Racing is life, anything that happens before or after is just waiting" -Steve McQueen

"Sex is safe & racing is dangerous" -Hans-Joachim Stuck

My Cars
    z3
    Quote Originally Posted by rob22sf View Post
    pm sent
    why would you PM and not share the info publicly so those searching for it in the future can also get the answer they are looking for..?

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    1995 M3, 1985 745i , S13 240sx sr20det
    Quote Originally Posted by e36Nater View Post
    I already know everyone's gonna say "don't go the raceland route" but money's tight and my suspension is shot!! Anybody have a thread, or can give me the steps to modify the ultimo coil overs to make them compatible for my 95 m3 coupe!! Thanks!
    You want cheap but yet you want to pay someone to make and weld brackets to coilovers? As stated, getting used is cheaper and better than raceland. I've gotten good used oem m3 suspension for $150 shipped from here. Aftermarket used can be had for $300-600.

95 BMW M3 Alpine-
    <GO...JIC Cross Coilovers- UUC RCAB, AKG FCAB, Rogue Engineering TM bushings- AA Gen3 Exhaust- Dinan F&R Strut Bars- Dinan F&R Sway Bars- X-Brace- Mishimoto Rad- BBS RK 17x8"- TRM Chip- Dinan BBTB- DIY CAI- JP Performance Headers- 21.5 injectors- JB Racing Flywheel- Bimmerworld TB boot- 540i MAF><SHOW...OE euro clear exterior lights- Depo w/ HID- Hurricane Alcantara interior- Stereo (Kenwood,Sony,MB Quart,Rockford Fosgate,JL Audio)- Black kidneys- Euro 3 Spoke- ZHP Knob- AutoDim Mirror>

My Cars
    E36 M3 , E39 540is
    Quote Originally Posted by BimmerBreaker View Post
    why would you PM and not share the info publicly so those searching for it in the future can also get the answer they are looking for..?
    cause there are a lot of trolls on here, they will just bash any idea of raceland CO, I know they cheap, I know they break etc.... I'm just done with people crapping all over them. so I choose not to share it, but if I come across someone in my same predicament, I'll happily share my experience with racelands on my 95 M3 FWIW I do not use them anymore. I just used them while my GC were getting rebuilt. many people have PM me for this info, and I have always shared it. I shared it one time public, and omg it was like I committed murder... so many people flamed me. so its my choice weather to have that info public or not. all I can say is you get what you pay for....
    "Racing is life, anything that happens before or after is just waiting" -Steve McQueen

"Sex is safe & racing is dangerous" -Hans-Joachim Stuck

My Cars
    1995 M3, 1985 745i , S13 240sx sr20det
    Regardless of how crappy raceland are, how did u mount the swaybar?

95 BMW M3 Alpine-
    <GO...JIC Cross Coilovers- UUC RCAB, AKG FCAB, Rogue Engineering TM bushings- AA Gen3 Exhaust- Dinan F&R Strut Bars- Dinan F&R Sway Bars- X-Brace- Mishimoto Rad- BBS RK 17x8"- TRM Chip- Dinan BBTB- DIY CAI- JP Performance Headers- 21.5 injectors- JB Racing Flywheel- Bimmerworld TB boot- 540i MAF><SHOW...OE euro clear exterior lights- Depo w/ HID- Hurricane Alcantara interior- Stereo (Kenwood,Sony,MB Quart,Rockford Fosgate,JL Audio)- Black kidneys- Euro 3 Spoke- ZHP Knob- AutoDim Mirror>

My Cars
    2009 BMW 335i E90
    Quote Originally Posted by CMG View Post
    Regardless of how crappy raceland are, how did u mount the swaybar?
    You can actually mount a Non M endlink, from the factory non m sway bars are mounted directly to the control arm vs the M3 directly to the strut. That's what most raceland guys end up doing, you kill suspension feel, but mounting racelands kills it anyway.

FYI OP I'd agree to buying a used, mint, set of konis or bilsteins...

My Cars
    Bmw
    Don't go the race land route, please,
    Life is like a car wash and I'm on a bicycle.