Autogeek.net Car Care Products
** 10% off @ Autogeek.net - PinnacleWax.com & Wolfgangcarcare.com - Coupon Code = clubmember

Thread: Help advising on paint job(s)

My Cars
    N/A

Help advising on paint job(s)

The hood of my e46 is dented, crushed, and the black paint now looks like a white cloud. Short story, I want to buy a primered replacement hood, but don't really have anyone but Maaco around me to paint it.

Question #1
    I have a nice air compressor. Should I just buy the factory paint, gun and DIY? Do I need a clearcoat or sealer to go over it?

Question #2
    The rest of the car is probably going to look... weird... once the hood is freshly painted. Is there any merit to providing a quick coat over the existing paint via sealant application then painting? The rest of the paint is old looking...

Question #3
    Has anyone done anything with Maaco? What did you pay for and how much did you pay for it. Experience?

Thanks!

My Cars
    89 635csi 384/493 @18psi
    Why not just have Macao paint the hood black and blend the fenders? I'm sure they could do the same quality as other shops, it's just about how much you pay them. You will need to be clear with them about the paint code and your expectations.