Thread: Dennis W

My Cars
    99 528i

Dennis W

I am experiencing a braking problem. On dry pavement it feels as though my ABS is engaging and I have no brakes for a couple of seconds. Any suggestions? Thanks, Dennis W

My Cars
    1992 525i, 2007 328i
    Any warning lights? Problems with the ABS will usually throw a code or warning light.

Possible you have air in the system, and it needs bleeding.

My Cars
    2003 530iA (SOLD)

Dennis W

Have you replaced a front wheel hub recently? This is exactly the symptom I got when I installed a defective aftermarket front wheel hub on an E39. The Hall effect sensor for the ABS is dependent on the wheel hub to provide a proper rpm signal.

No lights were present during this fault.
    2003 DINAN 5 | M54B30 | Titanium Gray Metallic | Stage 3 Engine Software | High Flow Throttle Body | Cold Air Intake | Free Flow Exhaust | Performance Automatic Transmission Software | Front Strut Brace | OE 18x9 BBS RS745 Style 42 on 265/35-18 MY BUILD THREAD: [Click]

My Cars
    99 528i

Dennis W

Quote Originally Posted by Aryana View Post
    Have you replaced a front wheel hub recently? This is exactly the symptom I got when I installed a defective aftermarket front wheel hub on an E39. The Hall effect sensor for the ABS is dependent on the wheel hub to provide a proper rpm signal.

No lights were present during this fault.
    Sorry for the slow response. I have no lights coming on. I replaced the front brake rodders recently. I will check on the Hall Effect Sensor and Bleed the system. I really appreciate the information.