Thread: Lease difficulties with out of state cosigner from dealer?

My Cars
    1991 MR2

Lease difficulties with out of state cosigner from dealer?

Never mind.
    Last edited by Simplemind; 08-24-2014 at 10:16 PM.

My Cars
    F80 M3, 95 325is
    There are plenty of well known board sponsors and internet dealers who will sell you cars over the internet or phone all days long, so I would try contacting one of them.

Don't want to sugar coat it, but if you don't have an adequate credit history and whatnot, then why you're getting a $60k+ soccer mom SUV? Maybe start off with something cheaper like 320i or 228i and upgrade to something better in couple of years once BMW FS have established a good history with you. How old are you and what do you currently drive? New X5 seems like bit of stretching a bit.

Also, I never ask for anyone to co-sign and I never co-sign, unless it is to help one of my siblings. If I wanted a car that I couldn't afford, I would probably save up for a bigger downpayment and find other ways instead of asking others to co-sign.
    I
    Lazy Saturday drive in my E34: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnzvZgPnOos

My Cars
    996, S13, E46 E36, C4
    LOL Perfect example of the War on the Middleclass right here! It's being waged by themselves! Stop buying stuff you can't afford! Jezuz! After everything that has happened in the past ~8 years, have you not learned anything?!!

If you even have to consider a co-signer, you can't afford whatever you're trying to buy. No one should EVER co-sign. I wouldn't even co-sign for my parents or siblings. I would either buy it for them or tell them they can't afford it.

You're the reason why I laugh when I see people driving new BMWs/nice cars. I know most of them can't afford them. Boy do I miss the days of when people who bought BMWs/Mercedes had to be able to afford them before they drove off the lot. If you couldn't finance it for 36 months or less, you were turned down.

Your username is pretty funny, too. Fitting.

My Cars
    z3
    Cool. Off to a great start here I see

Carry on.

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    LS e39, LT e53
    Quote Originally Posted by BimmerBreaker View Post
    Cool. Off to a great start here I see Carry on.
    Yep +1 for all who have replied so far..
    2006 X5 L83 5.3 6l80 swapped in progress
    1999 528i 5.7L 4l60e swapped w/ 31 spline 8.8 cobra diff
    2007 ZX-10r - sold
    1987 R-10 SWB L83 5.3L 6L80e swapped

My Cars
    1991 MR2

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    LOL Perfect example of the War on the Middleclass right here! It's being waged by themselves! Stop buying stuff you can't afford! Jezuz! After everything that has happened in the past ~8 years, have you not learned anything?!!

If you even have to consider a co-signer, you can't afford whatever you're trying to buy. No one should EVER co-sign. I wouldn't even co-sign for my parents or siblings. I would either buy it for them or tell them they can't afford it.

You're the reason why I laugh when I see people driving new BMWs/nice cars. I know most of them can't afford them. Boy do I miss the days of when people who bought BMWs/Mercedes had to be able to afford them before they drove off the lot. If you couldn't finance it for 36 months or less, you were turned down.

Your username is pretty funny, too. Fitting.

Why thanks for that, I do enjoy my username as well. After all, it's from my favorite 80's band!

I hope you get ready to laugh, I just plopped down my hard earned cash, and officially got my BMW (that I CAN afford). So does this mean I have fired a salvo on the middle class there Charles Schwab, err, Andy?

I will also report back every month, the second I have made my monthly payment, because I know how concerned you are with my finances there Dave Ramsey, err, Andy.

You just have to stand in awe of the internet financial wonks like Andy. I just may need a second opinion on other purchases I may (or may not) make in the coming months there Suze Orman, err, Andy.

Boy do I miss the days when you asked a question, and then you get answers back that are germane to said topic.

Yes, I think I am going to like it here.
    Last edited by Simplemind; 09-02-2014 at 12:22 AM.

My Cars
    LS e39, LT e53
    Quote Originally Posted by Simplemind View Post
    Why thanks for that, I do enjoy my username as well. After all, it's from my favorite 80's band! I hope you get ready to laugh, I just plopped down my hard earned cash, and officially got my BMW (that I CAN afford). So does this mean I have fired a salvo on the middle class there Charles Schwab, err, Andy? I will also report back every month, the second I have made my monthly payment, because I know how concerned you are with my finances there Dave Ramsey, err, Andy. You just have to stand in awe of the internet financial wonks like Andy. I just may need a second opinion on other purchases I may (or may not make) in the coming months there Suze Orman, err, Andy. Boy do I miss the days when you asked a question, and then you get answers back that are germane to said topic. Yes, I think I am going to like it here.
    You got more of an honest no bull chit answer than you could have hoped for. You'll fit in fine here.
    2006 X5 L83 5.3 6l80 swapped in progress
    1999 528i 5.7L 4l60e swapped w/ 31 spline 8.8 cobra diff
    2007 ZX-10r - sold
    1987 R-10 SWB L83 5.3L 6L80e swapped

My Cars
    F80 M3, 95 325is
    so what car did you get?
    Lazy Saturday drive in my E34: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnzvZgPnOos

My Cars
    1991 MR2
    I put down a deposit/down payment for that 2015 soccer mom SUV. Should be here in 6-8 weeks or so.

I have been wanting an X5 ever since they came out in 1999, and it's time to retire my MR2 for daily driving. It's also time for the snow to start flying in Park City, so I will welcome the all wheel drive. I am handing my Tundra over for a family member in need, so all in all, it was time for a new vehicle.
    Last edited by Simplemind; 09-22-2014 at 12:30 PM.

My Cars
    1991 MR2
    Just an update for Andy, oh I mean my internet financial advisor. You would be happy to know, I am picking up my X5 today, and my first payment has been made.

I hope you can rest for the next 30 days there financial General Andy. But don't worry, I will keep you updated, and you can track all of my monthly payments.

Don't worry, I won't be pressing the red button.

My Cars
    E36 M3
    I love how this thread totally backfired.

My Cars
    1991 MR2
    Yeah, totally.