Thread: WTB: Schwartz II (Black) fuel filler door

My Cars
    '98 M3 'Vert '07 328xit

WTB: Schwartz II (Black) fuel filler door

Hi - I'm looking for a Schwartz II (Black) fuel filler door for my '96 328 convertible. The little tab that the spring pushes off on mine has worn through and the door no longer snaps shut. I'm in Madison, WI. Thanks.

My Cars
    99/95 M3s, 11 X5, 16 M2
    I have one that's black, along with the little clip/spring. I cannot say that the black is 'Schwartz II' though, it could be Cosmos - would you know if you saw it in a pic?

GC Coilovers,UUC TMEs UUC Evo3 SSK, UUC TSE
    M50 Manifold, UR Underdrive Pulleys, Fluidyne Aluminum Radiator, SS Brake/Clutch Lines, OPN welded/VAC OP Baffles, Custom CAI
    VAC Adjstble LCAs, X-Brace, Clears, Halos/Projectors, Fan-CDV-ASC Delete, Stewart HD WP, Euro Rotors, VDO Console Gauges
    RD Sways, Clutch Stop, Kosei K1's wearing Toyo RA-1s, TMS camber plates, Sparco strut brace, Wheel Studs, SHARK'd!
    ///Team Contour

My Cars
    '98 M3 'Vert '07 328xit
    I don't know that I could tell the color until it was up against the car. I'm pretty sure if you know the VIN (last 7 digits anyway) of the donor car that there are online decoders that can tell you the paint color. Thanks.

My Cars
    1997 BMW M3
    If not I'm pretty sure I have one in a box in garage. Will dig it out tomorrow if his is the wrong color
    97 BMW M3 (s52b32) - VF-Supercharger kit ( Vortech V2-SQ supercharger, 32 pound injectors, VF tuning ), VDO/LeatherZ Gauge Kit (Oil Temp, Oil Pressure, and Boost), UUC Motorwerks RSC36 Exhaust, Stainless Steel 6-2 Exhaust Headers, Bilstein Sports, Rear Adjustable Camber bushings, Wheel Spacers 10mm in front 25mm in back, Uprated Clutch, UUC Shift Knob, Short Shifter and Clutch Stop, Cross Brace, Mason Engineering front strut bar, Contour Wheels, Euro Ellipsoid (Angel Eyes) HID Headlights, braided steel brake lines, aluminum thermostat housing, mishimoto aluminum radiator and silicone hoses and a partridge in a pear tree

My Cars
    '98 M3 'Vert '07 328xit
    Still looking.

My Cars
    99/95 M3s, 11 X5, 16 M2
    If you want to take a chance, I am happy to send the one I have, but it may be Cosmos, it may be Schwarz. I don't think they put VINs on filler doors, do they? And I wouldn't know how to decode it if they did, but I have it pretty much ready to go. PM me with any ideas.

M50 Manifold, UR Underdrive Pulleys, Fluidyne Aluminum Radiator, SS Brake/Clutch Lines, OPN welded/VAC OP Baffles, Custom CAI
    VAC Adjstble LCAs, X-Brace, Clears, Halos/Projectors, Fan-CDV-ASC Delete, Stewart HD WP, Euro Rotors, VDO Console Gauges
    RD Sways, Clutch Stop, Kosei K1's wearing Toyo RA-1s, TMS camber plates, Sparco strut brace, Wheel Studs, SHARK'd!
    ///Team Contour

My Cars
    '98 M3 'Vert '07 328xit
    Quote Originally Posted by m3buzz View Post
    If you want to take a chance, I am happy to send the one I have, but it may be Cosmos, it may be Schwarz. I don't think they put VINs on filler doors, do they? And I wouldn't know how to decode it if they did, but I have it pretty much ready to go. PM me with any ideas.
    PM'd.

My Cars
    99/95 M3s, 11 X5, 16 M2
    Hey, sorry didn't get back yesterday - I'll grab the filler door tonight and send a pic - should be cheap to ship using one of those small USPS prioirty mailers.

- - - Updated - - -

p.s. I have a filler door on teh roller I am selling, it is 'cosmosschwarzmetallic' - not sure if that is closer to what you are looking for, or if that is the 'real / full name' of the color we call 'cosmos'

///Team Contour

My Cars
    '98 M3 'Vert '07 328xit
    I think if you know for sure the roller is not Schwartz II (on mine it is very specifically called out as so) let's pass on that one. I'll chance the mystery color. Obviously, I'm hoping to avoid having to paint it...

Thanks.

My Cars
    99/95 M3s, 11 X5, 16 M2
    PM with an email address and I can send some pics. If yours is NOT metallic / metal flake, then we can stop here, cause it most definitely does have metallic bits.

///Team Contour

My Cars
    '98 M3 'Vert '07 328xit
    Mine isn't metal flake. Thanks for following up.

My Cars
    99/95 M3s, 11 X5, 16 M2
    Sorry about that - the wrecked race car must have also been 'cosmosschwarzmetallic'

///Team Contour

My Cars
    M3's
    Schwarz II / Jet Black is BLACK, non metallic. Aside from a custom repaint, or perhaps an individual, there are no Jet black M's.

Cosmos has a ton of metallic in it.
    Part outs, parts, cars, etc: Asmod3us's FS Threads
    Lots of parts on ebay: eBay Auctions

My Cars
    2000 540I & 1992 325IS
    I have one in primer and I have the schwarz II paint I'll spray it and ship it. Pm me if interested

My Cars
    BMW TI
    I also have one in good condition. Let me know if you still need it.

My Cars
    '98 M3 'Vert '07 328xit
    Thanks for the replies. I *think* I have a salvage part on the way.

Uneeq005 - your inbox is full and I couldn't reply to your PM.