Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PY Coupe available...

My Cars
    99-01 M Cpe & Rdts, X5M

PY Coupe available...

Check M Coupe Buyers Guide (dot com)

No affiliation (in fact, I probably already got all the money I could get out of it), just PSA.

Awesome car though, sunroof delete, supercharger and all.

My Cars
    02 M Coupe, 07 A3 S-Line

2002 Steel Gray over Imola Red M Coupe

My Cars
    98 M Roadster
    Cartel pricing in full effect, haha.

I'll bet that thing is a real blast to drive.

My Cars
    2011 E92 M3, 2007 335i
    Mom says GLWS.
    Now in E92 M3 ZCP -- Absolute beast

My Cars
    2000 M Coupe, '05 Legacy GT, Rotax kart!
    How long has he had it? I swear Enthusist just sold this car only a year or so ago. Eh, time flies, maybe it's been several years. Regardless, it's my favorite Coupe color and it's an S54 - all else is icing on the cake. GLWS.

My Cars
    S54 e36/8; Tesla MY LR5
    Only coupes that sold over 50k were stock with sub 10k mile...optimistic unless they're is a py fan out there

Mods don't add value

http://jalopnik.com/sorry-folks-modi...s-v-1621595096

Yes, I get that it's one of two...
    Last edited by fmcfad01; 08-22-2014 at 04:11 PM.

My Cars
    Mazdaspeed3, '99 M Coup
    Ugh. So much want.

My Cars
    1999 BMW M Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by fmcfad01 View Post
    Only coupes that sold over 50k were stock with sub 10k mile...optimistic unless they're is a py fan out there

Mods don't add value

http://jalopnik.com/sorry-folks-modi...s-v-1621595096

Yes, I get that it's one of two...
    Don't be a hater. Mods don't add value to people interested in collecting. Someone looking to drive the car will love and appreciate all of these mods, and truth be told it would save you allot of time and money from modding yourself.
    1999 M Coupe

My Cars
    S54 e36/8; Tesla MY LR5
    Who spends 50k on an m coupe that doesn't fall into the 'collector' category?

My Cars
    95 240SX|98 Z3M|05 Elise
    Jeremy Christ that's a lot of money for a coupe!

My Cars
    z3
    Quote Originally Posted by tommy1394 View Post
    Don't be a hater. Mods don't add value to people interested in collecting. Someone looking to drive the car will love and appreciate all of these mods, and truth be told it would save you allot of time and money from modding yourself.
    Someone looking to drive their car also generally wont be looking for the low-mile high-value models. They will usually want something (or wont be deterred) with the reliability/performance mods and upgrades but for cheaper. It would be sort of silly to spend so much on a used car with the intention to daily drive it or drive it a lot since you will just be throwing money away in depreciation. These cars at that price are generally going to sit in an air conditioned garage with a car cover over them.

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    99-01 M Cpe & Rdts, X5M
    Who spends 50k on an m coupe that doesn't fall into the 'collector' category?
    Well, EVERYBODY that ever bought one new. Granted, MSRP on the Rdstr was $1000.00 higher than the Coupe, but with TTL, the OTD price in August 2001 was >$52k (our gray car, as an example).

And get this, most were probably TO DRIVE.

Did it ever occur to anyone that 1) Jeremy may entertain offers, or 2) that maybe he really doesn't want anybody to buy it?

My Cars
    2000 M Roadster
    I have to say. I pray he gets every dime he wants out of her.

A nice XKE is 75,000, what did it cost new, no-one cares, its the price of membership!

How many ppl in this world can say they own a M Coupe right now. The M roaster and the M coupe will go down as all time greats. We are seeing the lowest price they will ever be at. Its a shame when we the community that controls the price of these cars. Talk down the value of one of the best BMW toys ever built.

We always need to maintain optimism when we price the toys we love. We are not selling just a car, Its the price of Membership!

(Just a side note I think the Roadsters Buyers Guide needs to rework value and rarity ratings)

My Cars
    02 M Coupe, 07 A3 S-Line
    Quote Originally Posted by Tib View Post
    (Just a side note I think the Roadsters Buyers Guide needs to rework value and rarity ratings)
    The values were starting to come up but at the moment there's an overabundance of nice, low mileage roadsters on the market which is holding them back.

2002 Steel Gray over Imola Red M Coupe

My Cars
    e36/8, W201
    Seems a little high but honestly, not too bad for a stupid clean MCoupe that's been tastefully modified. The asking price is only about 10k-15k over what clean low mileage S54's are selling for and that oddly seems worth it. I bet it's a freaking blast to drive. It's not like its been modified for SEMA.

My Cars
    2019 Camaro 2SS 1LE M6
    He might have to wait a little while for just the right rube to come along but I don't really see that price as unreasonable given all of the rarity, low mileage, etcetera.

My Cars
    E34 525iT, '99 M Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by Tib View Post
    I have to say. I pray he gets every dime he wants out of her.

A nice XKE is 75,000, what did it cost new, no-one cares, its the price of membership!

How many ppl in this world can say they own a M Coupe right now. The M roaster and the M coupe will go down as all time greats. We are seeing the lowest price they will ever be at. Its a shame when we the community that controls the price of these cars. Talk down the value of one of the best BMW toys ever built.

We always need to maintain optimism when we price the toys we love. We are not selling just a car, Its the price of Membership!

I'm completely in agreement with Tib. I see similar down-talking regarding pricing on another car forum I frequent, and I simply don't get it. There's also the usual verbiage about what is a "real collector car" and what is not. What are mods worth if anything at all. And so on….

If this PY coupe sells for anywhere near the asking price I say BRAVO! M Coupes are going to be considered one of the all time greats if they aren't so already. Maybe the roadsters as well, but there are a lot more of them, of course.

My Cars
    99-01 M Cpe & Rdts, X5M
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbi Doom View Post
    Seems a little high but honestly, not too bad for a stupid clean MCoupe that's been tastefully modified. The asking price is only about 10k-15k over what clean low mileage S54's are selling for and that oddly seems worth it. I bet it's a freaking blast to drive. It's not like its been modified for SEMA.
    Funny little story about that...

When he dropped the car off, slated for rear end work and rod bearings, I figured if I was going to drive it, I wanted to do it before the bearings were done__kind of like to take it easy on them until they bed in. I took it around my usual loop, and okay, I guess it was fast, but I really was let down, like maybe I'd built it up too much in my mind. Oh well, on with the job...

And I discover this (in fairness, Jeremy had brought the car to me right after he got it):

So first drive after putting it all back together (including the TCKs and trailer hitch__he even bought my Track Time trailer) I ease out of the neighborhood and take off down the main road, giving just a normal amount of throttle, and the thing just about jumped out from under me; damn close to the ditch, at that!

Wow, now we're hooked up; EXPLOSIVE acceleration! After regaining composure__but still giddy with the power__even feathering the throttle and short-shifting @ 4500, the thing just scoots. It's not that I don't know what an S-54 feels like, but this was like an S-54 on top of an S-54, so yeah, freaking blast doesn't begin to describe it. Jeremy's going to miss that car, and somebody else is going to love it__I just hope they have respect for it

My Cars
    S54 e36/8; Tesla MY LR5
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy Forbes View Post
    Well, EVERYBODY that ever bought one new. Granted, MSRP on the Rdstr was $1000.00 higher than the Coupe, but with TTL, the OTD price in August 2001 was >$52k (our gray car, as an example).

And get this, most were probably TO DRIVE.

Did it ever occur to anyone that 1) Jeremy may entertain offers, or 2) that maybe he really doesn't want anybody to buy it?
    Fair enough, but I guess I should have put 'used' in the question.

1) yes 2) yes (I did the same thing last year, but 20k cheaper...)

My Cars
    Yellow Pants
    I hope it sells.

Z3speed4me is offline Coupe Cartel Forever! BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    MCoupe, Q3, Tiguan
    It ain't turbo....

~Ken~ '99 M coupe THE "original" TT Stage 3 - HTA3586R; 701 whp 672 wtq @ 26.5 psi ; NeverSell - CoupeCartel

My Cars
    2001 M Coupe, 2002 M3
    Sorry, I think it's about $10k too much. De-mod some of the stuff, put back the OEM pieces and you'll sell it for the same kind of money. Meaning, sell the car for $40k, sell off the seats for $1400, the brakes for $2000, etc.

Nice mods, but far too modified for most people, I think. You'll never get top dollar for a modified car like this one- the only coupes that justify over $40k prices are true, time-warp, ultra-low mile museum piece cars, like under 10k miles, no paint chips anywhere, perfect cars.

My Cars
    N/A
    Seems perfectly reasonable to me. I've been chasing a 993 for years now and have been too stupid to pull the trigger. All the while, prices go up. The S54 M Coupe is a special special car in my opinion. LSB and PY add to the uniqueness. I don't think people quite appreciate how great these cars are as drivers.

47k? Why not. Easier to evaluate without mods given current market but if someone wants to spend a bit more in a well sorted car then great.

My Cars
    2000 M Roadster

My Cars
    00 Imola E/S TS M Coupe
    A great coupe and well modded. GLWS!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast