Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: INPA noob help

My Cars
    2016 Mazda 3 Wagon

INPA noob help

Hi guys,

I have INPA installed on a laptop, and I am able to connect it to my car. However, I find that not all the files for the car models are there. I can connect to my 328 or my M3. But i cant connect to a 325. Where would I be able to get all the files for all the various e36 models?

Also, does anyone know how to do things like read the signal from the ABS wheel sensors to see which one is bad, or how to even toggle the ABS module via INPA? I cant seem to get that to work.

Thank you,

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    If your 325 is a non-EWS car, you may have to connect to it using a modded .ipo file and Tool 32 as being a factory tool, INPA does not necessarily contain files for all model variants. You should be able to look at wheel sensor data under the Chassis/Activations section of INPA. This user guide is fairly rudimentary, but it is all I had time to put together.INPA User Guide.pdf

Hi
    Could you help with a link to an Inpa download for XP that won't tell me its unable to extract the files to the c drive? Keep getting the "cannot execute" command with those I downloaded. Got two CDs that I bought off EBay that don't work.

I have run the installation but when trying to run the diagnosis I get IFH-0003: data transmission to interface disturbed. What have I done wrong. Thanks again.

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    Ensure that you nominated your connection as ADS and not OBD during installation, have run c:\EDIABAS\Hardware\ADS\ADS32\ADSSETUP.EXE and have made the necessary adjustments to the path statement as per the ENGLISH SETUP.pdf. To check which interface you nominated, open c:\EDIABAS\Bin\Ediabas.ini with Notepad and look for the Interface = **** line that is not commented out (i.e. does not have a semi colon at the start of the line). If you are using an ADS interface, it should read "Interface =ADS". If it reads "Interface = STD:OBD", it is set to use an OBD interface and needs to be modified and re-saved.

Appreciated. Will try it and let you know.

Now its IFH0009 no response from control unit

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    What interface are you using and what is the year and model of your car? If the battery is fully charged, your interface is properly connected and you have no blown fuses, try running a quick test in INPA v3.01.
    Last edited by David Mc; 08-22-2014 at 07:38 PM.

I am using a Dell laptop. Checked the battery charge and its okay. The car is a 1998 520i e39 m52. The link to the ads32- dell driver doesn't work on 4share.

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    ads32-dell.dll.txt You need to remove the .txt extension

Not getting to access the download. If you could upload it to my email I would appreciate it. Two questions though: how could I check if power is reaching the ecu and how do I run the quick check with INPA 3?

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    OK I have emailed you the ADS driver. Check all fuses then Choose the "Special tests" option from INPA's main menu and run the quick tests from there.

Thanks.

Now I am stuck trying to use it. What opens it or how do I use it? I have copied it to EDIABAS but I don't think it's in readable form

I am also realizing that neither the battery or ignition is "on" when I turn on INPA. Probably as you say there is no power in the ECU. I guess I will have to check the fuses as you indicate. Still no luck in opening the file.

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    It is a driver - you don't need to open it, just put it in your c:/EDIABAS/Bin folder. What interface are you using and how is it connected to your car, via the round BMW 20 pin diagnostic port under the hood or via the 16 pin OBD port under the dash? Most interfaces should detect at least a battery signal.

Its the 20 pin under the hood. What i eventually did was to put it in /EDIABAS/bin/hardware/ads32 and extract it using WRAR.

Adjusted it. Still no joy. Don't know if I should have mentioned that the intermittent wiper mode cannot be turned off. Tried the quick test and it asked for ignition to be turned despite my having the engine running.

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    What interface are you using? You need battery and true ignition signals.

Using the interface under the hood. I think its the twenty pin connection. Tried it on another car and got no ignition or battery either. Wonder if there is a way to check it. I will try to replace it.

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    How are you connecting to the 20 pin connector - are you using an ADS interface or an EDIABAS compatible OBD interface with your cables? The most common misconception is that you can connect the car directly to your computer, but you need an interface to translate the signals from the car into lingo that your computer can understand.

My Cars
    '99 323is, '00 323i 528i
    Quote Originally Posted by Deron View Post
    Using the interface under the hood. I think its the twenty pin connection.
    That is WHERE you are plugging in.

We need to know WHAT it is you are plugging into that spot.

The "interface" is the actual electronic gizmo you are plugging into the car. (The thingy getting plugged in between the computer and your car.)
    What interface cable and tool are you plugging into the car?
    Is it an OBD interface? Is it a true ADS interface? What brand/model interface is it?
    Is it a USB type device?
    Are you trying to use a serial adapter of any kind?

Quote Originally Posted by David Mc View Post
    ads32-dell.dll.txt You need to remove the .txt extension
    Aside from removing the .txt extension, don't you remove the -dell portion and rename it to be just ads32.dll so that it replaces the current one?
    (rename the original as ads32.dll.bak or something like that first so you can put the original back if need be)

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    Aside from removing the .txt extension, don't you remove the -dell portion and rename it to be just ads32.dll so that it replaces the current one?
    (rename the original as ads32.dll.bak or something like that first so you can put the original back if need be)
    Yes you do - my bad.

K+DCAN INPA compatible CE. Bought it off EBay.

Do I understand you to be saying that I put it in EDIABAS/bin/hardware/ads?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast