Thread: Late Model BMW Fuel Tank/Pump?Draw Tube Failure

My Cars
    2007 328xi sedan

Late Model BMW Fuel Tank/Pump?Draw Tube Failure

I had a fuel problem in my 2007 328xi sedan that BMW is ignoring as a life safety issue and I would like to find out how many others have experienced the same problem – I hope to gain a NHTSA review and force BMW to step up and own this design flaw.
    The draw tube from the fuel pump into the fuel tank is degraded by premium fuel and after 6-7 years falls off due to decay - at this point, the vehicle's engine will stop immediately (I don’t know what happens then to all of the vehicle safety systems). Imaging being on the freeway in any large metropolitan city or way out in the country – imagine your family member driving it at the time….
    BMW threw me a $500 discount for repairs and I still had to shell out another $1,900 to the BMW service center.
    I would appreciate support in getting this information out to the general public and BMW owners before someone is injured or killed due to this fuel issue.
    Please comment if you are aware of similar incidents.
    Thanks,
    Larry from Pullman

My Cars
    LS e39, LT e53
    So because a part failed on your car over 6-7 years you the owner can't step up and pay for the repairs yourself.. Typical BMW owner.. Good luck with your thread
    2006 X5 L83 5.3 6l80 swapped in progress
    1999 528i 5.7L 4l60e swapped w/ 31 spline 8.8 cobra diff
    2007 ZX-10r - sold
    1987 R-10 SWB L83 5.3L 6L80e swapped

My Cars
    E46XI E36
    Quote Originally Posted by modular93fox View Post
    So because a part failed on your car over 6-7 years you the owner can't step up and pay for the repairs yourself.. Typical BMW owner.. Good luck with your thread
    +1

My Cars
    z3
    I had a fuel pump problem on my 1972 bavaria, Ill join your suit against BMW. Lets make them fix every old BMW on the road.

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    '03 Z4, '06 Forester
    Running out of gas (which is in a nutshell what happens) is not a serious issue .. you have plenty of time to get off the road once it starts to sputter.

Its a 7 year old car and parts break. Don't like it? Buy a new one.

Ps. You're a sucker for paying 1900 for a fuel line/pickup/pump or whatever it actually was.

Edit: the pump on my 245k mile 98 323is failed last year so im in on the lawsuit definitely