Thread: Write off? Experienced minds needed!

My Cars
    2000 BMW 330Ci

Write off? Experienced minds needed!

Long story short, this happened to my car tonight. Worst part, it was my fault.
    I don't feel like going into details. But if someone could give me there best guess
    on it being a write off or not, I'd be a very happy boy!
    -shaztekk
    sorry for the bad photo, will put a nicer angle tomorrow.

My Cars
    2009 BMW 135i
    I know car prices are quite a bit higher in Australia but yes I would expect that to be totaled.

My Cars
    '03 Z4, '06 Forester
    Yup, to have that fixed professionally will cost about what the car is worth.

My Cars
    z3
    The problem with the damage on your car is that the rear 1/4 panel is essentially part of the frame of the car, ie. its not a removable panel like the door or front fender. To fix this would require cutting out a large majority of that panel and re-welding it back in, which is particularly difficult with that damage due to the fact that it pushed in the panel quite substantially to where they will have to do a lot of pulling and tweaking to really get it to sit properly. You did get lucky in that the sideskirt and wheel appear free from damage, meaning there is a strong chance there is no underlying suspension damage. If the ONLY repair is the sheetmetal, it will still likely be totalled but if there isnt any hidden damage it *may* be repairable. It will likely be salvage though, you will probably need to buy back from insurance and go from there if you want to get it back on the road.

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    2000 BMW 330Ci
    Thanks for the replies!! Sorry for replying so late. I measured the B pillar and it has been bent inwards, I've heard mixed reviews, but APPARENTLY that's an immediate write off. Although I have seen that B pillars can be replaced by putting the car in a jig and welding a new one in. Any other ideas? To be honest I'm hoping this is a write off. Insurance value is at AUD$15.5K.