10 21.28%
  • Never - I pride myself on dirt under my nails

5 10.64%
  • I try to be end up removing them

11 23.40%
  • I don’t ever work on my car.

1 2.13%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you wear gloves when you work on a car?

My Cars
    1997 328is
    I was given a few pairs of disposable nitrile gloves that are so nice and heavy duty that I feel too guilty to use them. Long cuffs and thick nitrile. I think they are from bavauto

moroza is offline MORΩN ΛABIA BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    E34T
    Yes, Mechanix-style ones. Nevermind dirt, they have saved me a ton of random hangnails, scuffs, cuts, and scrapes, and significantly reduced more serious damage when it happened. Only times I don't wear them: 1. when I can't find them and absolutely have to do something regardless, 2. when I'm handling wet goopy nastiness (then I wear long-cuff rubber), or 3. the occasion when I have to install something blind, by feel, and it's a small and finicky part that I have to be able to precisely maneuver.

My Cars
    1989 325is
    I started out using inexpensive mechanics wear style gloves about 15 years ago. But I would trash them quick. Then I started using nitrile gloves and I use those most of the time now. It's nice to just take them off and go into the house with clean hands. But I do tear them quite a bit and sometimes you just need the extra dexterity.
    CONTACT US
    WEB: http://www.bavauto.com/ | E-MAIL: kenb@bavauto.com | PHONE: 800-535-2002
    HOURS (EST): Monday - Thursday 8AM - 9PM | Friday 8AM - 7PM | Saturday 9AM - 4PM

CONNECT WITH US
    Facebook | YouTube | DIY Tech Blog | Twitter

My Cars
    1991 BMW 750iL
    Im an aircraft mechanic so I'm forced to wear gloves at work, but at home on my own equipment I don't.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12