Thread: Parking brake malfunction

My Cars
    X5 2007

Parking brake malfunction

I got an estimate of $ 1132 to replace a parking break malfunction from my mechanic . He also mentioned that the thrust rod bushing needs replacement (shuddering when pushing my brakes) $ charged 600.
    i kinda postponed the first problem as I was adviced as long as I am not in inclined parking this should not really be a problem.
    i came home wondering my real problem was not solved but I paid for something I wasn't sure I needed.
    My question is...should I prioritize the parking brake issue if not how can I reset it so it does not keep on indicating whenever I start and park my car.
    2nd question was was it really necessary to change the thrust rod bushing or was I just scammed?

My Cars
    2018 BMW M240i
    Did the mech give you any details of what us wrong with the parking brake system? My car is a 3001 330Ci so your X5's parking brake system might be more complicated.

Thrust rod and bushing are part of the front suspension. Knowing how flat it is in Florida, I'd prioritize the thrust bushing.

Does your mech specialize in BMW's? I'd shop for a better price and a better mech. Contact the local chapter of the BMWCCA for recommendations. Every chapter has a website.