Thread: Help please I'm new. Interior lighting issue

My Cars
    2003 530i

Help please I'm new. Interior lighting issue

Hello all, I have a 2003 530i. It has electrical issues to say the least.

-The back window buttons don't work (they roll up, but have to use driver buttons).

-Pixels (lettering ) on dash is broken up/unclear. Also says "trunk lid open" on starts, it's closed.

- some thins remain powered when key is not in ignition. (the little light by the transmission stick, phone charger in cigarette lighter )
    - interior lights under all doors, the two lights in the back cabin, and also the main dome light doesn't work. (The other 4 lights you have to push the button to turn on, work fine, except for the dome light.)

What I'm concerned with the most is the interior lighting. I'd like to get this fixed as for I do a lot of night driving. I checked fuse 16, and 41 in glove box, F 112 & 113 under passenger seat, all are good. I tried a new bulb- no luck. Also tried unplugging the LCM behind glove box- no luck.

Any help would be much appreciated !! Thank you all

Doran

My Cars
    e39 touring 523 10/97
    1; you haft to take up the contacts in read door's. And see if its power pressent in the connections or the contact need to be replaced. ( look at the link from wds below. Help your find right coulers and some explanation about have the system works)

2; is a normale ting on e39 if I may say so. Your need to replace the ribbon cabel in the cluster. And its not easy but there is sone diys on the web that have step guide and good pix. To do this job.
    Or you need to get a new ike from dealer with the vin nr in it. Or find one that can code and change set the miles rigth again on it. Not the easys job.

3; you car has 15 min were everything is powered. Some has comfort cabin light so its slowly goes out. after the 15 min.it goes to "sleep mode". The light in shifting gear chooser goes now out. and car wakes up agian by key/remote/door handle.
    But if some of the lamps in the car dont light up or dont go out. you have to find out have the system works on the e39 by looking at bmwplanet wiring program (WDS). Www.Schmidemann.com has a link for that WDS
    Maby find one with a tester or scanner to se if it has enny fauiler on the "bus"
    Hope I have expressed my self proper. I used translet and best shool eng to help my.

Best regards

My Cars
    2003 530i
    Thank you very much!