Thread: 1993 BMW 525i T/Wagon e34

My Cars
    1993 BMW 525I T/Wagon

1993 BMW 525i T/Wagon e34

Hey all again,

I have a few more questions regarding my BMW I bought. I got it for $1000 with 164,000 miles. I think its a pretty great deal. Considering I have the original information on what it costed in 1993 (about $42,000 for everything my car has).

My three questions have to deal with a few electrical issues i suppose. I'm no expert so please bare with me.

1) My fan control only works on 4 (high). It does not work on any lower fan settings. Does anyone have an idea of what can be wrong with the fan settings? Is the switch worn, or a blown fuse?

2) On the duel temperature controls for the left and right side of course. I don't think the right temperature control is working and changing the temperature as I turn the knob to a different temperature, different from the left control knob! Any idea of what can be wrong?

3) Being this is the wagon model I have a tailgate on the back of it with the hatch door. Now the handles to open the tailgate and the window by its self do not do anything. Is this the fuse, relay, or maybe the actuators?

I completely understand that this is a 20 year old vehicle. Things break, ware down and stop working after a while. I just want to see if I can fix these little things and get her functioning properly!

Thanks guys.
    Raymond

My Cars
    1991 325i
    fan control is the fan speed resistor by the sound of things, the hvac controls would have to be checked, but that issue sounds like it could possibly be a blend door not moving when you move the temperature control. I havent had a touring so IDK what the tailgate issue is. For that you may have to post up down in the e34 subforum so the real gurus can get after your issues.
    1991 BMW 325i(Current Daily) (S52)
    I have carburetors, and I'm not afraid to use them!
    There are always other fish (engines) in the sea (Craigslist)
    Life is about enjoying the engine you are sitting behind.

My Cars
    1993 BMW 525I T/Wagon
    Thank you again. Where can i find the e34 forum?

My Cars
    1991 325i
    click on the bimmerforums logo at the top left, scroll down until you see the individual model subforums.
    1991 BMW 325i(Current Daily) (S52)
    I have carburetors, and I'm not afraid to use them!
    There are always other fish (engines) in the sea (Craigslist)
    Life is about enjoying the engine you are sitting behind.

My Cars
    1993 BMW 525I T/Wagon
    thanks!