Thread: New to the forums.. Just picked up a 1993 318i

My Cars
    1993 BMW 318i

New to the forums.. Just picked up a 1993 318i

This is my 1993 318i that I just picked up for 1500 under the assumption that it had a bad alternator and it was going to cost too much to repair. But turns out it had a bad battery... Their loss my gain. The car is mechanically sound and the inside was upholstered late last year. Only thing I found wrong was that it needs a new paint job. Other than that it's good . If this is in the wrong section my bad admins I didn't see a introduction sections.

My Cars
    96` 328i
    Nice find :p.Looks like they've done a bit of cosmetic work to it also.

My Cars
    1998 BMW E36 328i
    Glad to hear you got it for a good price. It looks like its sitting really high to me. Could be the E46 bumper though...
    |ProjectTechnik| - The Alberta BMW Enthusiast Community

E36 328i - OE M3 Bumper | M3 Mirrors | Jim Conforti CF CAI | UUC Motorwerks Underdrive Pulleys | M3 Contours | Koni Sport Springs & Shocks |

E46 325xi Touring

Founding Member of the Canyonrot Club #343!

|Canadian Alpina Forum|

My Cars
    1993 BMW 318i
    It is sitting fairly high, I plan on lowering it but I have to take off the rear fender flares for it to be any lower. The tires rub when I hit a bump. Also anyone know where I can find a good of headlight preferably halo? I looked on eBay but I was wondering if a user had a set used on here... The driver side headlight on the car is full of water causing the bright, and help lights not to work on that side.

My Cars
    Mazda 3
    Quote Originally Posted by nnnnr12 View Post
    It is sitting fairly high, I plan on lowering it but I have to take off the rear fender flares for it to be any lower. The tires rub when I hit a bump. Also anyone know where I can find a good of headlight preferably halo? I looked on eBay but I was wondering if a user had a set used on here... The driver side headlight on the car is full of water causing the bright, and help lights not to work on that side.
    Most people here will tell you to ditch the cheap one-piece lights you have and get some Bosch/ZKW/Depos that are OEM.

My Cars
    1993 BMW 318i
    Quote Originally Posted by LSxDreamer View Post
    Most people here will tell you to ditch the cheap one-piece lights you have and get some Bosch/ZKW/Depos that are OEM.
    I've been looking at some two peiced ones.. Seems easier to take out and put back in

My Cars
    Mazda 3
    Aside from the headlights... I'm digging the car! I'm trying to work out picking up a 97 318i, Hellrot, with a blown headgasket (head already removed). They're asking the same price you paid, but the interior is flawless, as is the exterior. Mine would be for a SBF swap however

My Cars
    '15 F-type S & '95 525i
    Honestly, I've seen better for less. What a piece.

Terry F. is offline ONLY BMW Content is + Moderator
    My Cars
    M-Roadster
    Quote Originally Posted by QuickSilv3r View Post
    Honestly, I've seen better for less. What a piece.
    So it looks like you have a nice car. Probably 20x the cost of the OPs car. Yet you feel the need to bash his newly acquired ride.

What a piece.